The "Hot Cheeto's"-Bonanza 1300-Open Class

bike stand

ok so today while the paint is still curing on the frame, i put together a bike stand... i dont have a kick stand so here's what i did... presentation is everything...right?

Last edited:
broken cheeto

well, it looks like i'm not going to be able to make the deadline for the build off. I began assembly today and noticed the swing arm wouldn't fit right between the frame tabs... so I pulled pulled the frame kinda like a wishbone to see if there was any flexibility to slide the swing arm in and it flexed just enough to present a crack out from under the new paint job...about 1 inch on the motor plate that did not see before..the crack may be pulling the frame inward preventing the swing arm from fitting thru the tabs properly... oh well, i will get it welded up and finish it when I can... sucks though, but I look at it like this...at least I didn't spend $200-300 bucks on powder or paint. The cheeto will rise again. jim:thumbsup:

That Sucks QD.
Still I agree go slow get it done right, I rushed my paint job a bit and may have to go back and redo sometime.

Keep this thread going I smaak this build stukkend

george3

well, it looks like i'm not going to be able to make the deadline for the build off. I began assembly today and noticed the swing arm wouldn't fit right between the frame tabs... so I pulled pulled the frame kinda like a wishbone to see if there was any flexibility to slide the swing arm in and it flexed just enough to present a crack out from under the new paint job...about 1 inch on the motor plate that did not see before..the crack may be pulling the frame inward preventing the swing arm from fitting thru the tabs properly... oh well, i will get it welded up and finish it when I can... sucks though, but I look at it like this...at least I didn't spend $200-300 bucks on powder or paint. The cheeto will rise again. jim:thumbsup:
I dont know when the dead line is but you can bring it to my house tomorrow and fix the weld fit the swingarm and touch up the paint.

I dont know when the dead line is but you can bring it to my house tomorrow and fix the weld fit the swingarm and touch up the paint.
...thanx for the offer george, I sent to a pm. I'm gonna need a few parts to replace what I messed up during my aggressive attempt to force these parts together.