The Meat Grinder

Hey this is my project. I called it the meat grinder because my buddy when we first got it got his pant leg caught in the chain and didnt hurt him luckily at all but almost pulled him into it before the engine died. And the meat grinder is my favorite motorcycle primary drive. Today i cut off the old annoying brake system that squeels when u press the pedal cause it rubs the tire to slow it down. also cut off a bunch of useless brackets and tabs that arent needed. I found a cool BMX handlebar behind our body shop and cut the cross brace out to make some cool ape hangers for my triple tree I ordered off ebay for 35 bux. heres a link if any wants one. they`re a good deal! APC-Motorcycle-front-forks-suspension_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35592QQihZ014QQitemZ330059684701QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Hers my fork. It`s twisted and bent up really bad. I could fix it with my frmae equipment but for 35 bucks for a new one i say heck with it. Can anybody identify what minibike this is? theres an american flag crest on the fork in one of these pictures. If you guys have any suggestions or cool ideas let me know.
I`m gonna make a decorative plate with holes drilled in it on top of the frame by the fork tube in front of the seat.

Last edited:
I`m considering putting a chainsaw chain on it type 35 if they make them I dont know, then itll be a full fledged meat grinder! lol If that would work i dont know yet I`m looking into it. also may be tossing the frame for a mini bobber style frame from a buddy that lives near me. His bobber does 51 mph!!!

Last edited:
Man, I read this post yesterday and I thought it sounded like a cool idea.

I bet some of those big professional-grade saws have a usable pitch...

I used to bolt circular rip saw blades to the rear sprockets of my choppers with thin spacers between so they worked like guide plates to keep the chain on...people kept telling me I was crazy for having those things spinning around while the bike was moving, but I didn't think they would do that much more damage to my leg than the chain and sprocket would anyway.

Same deal with your idea using a saw chain...not really that much more dangerous than a regular chain, but much cooler, and probably unique...I've never seen it done before.

I just came up with another idea for a pull start. Using a brass knuckle with a small tube brazed to the bottom or welded if i find aluminum ones as a pull start. better not stick your fingers in it if you start it and it kicks back lol.

I got an e-mail this morning from a guy complaining that I copy his stuff and pretend it's mine...

I really like this brass knuckle pullstarter idea...if I fab one before you do, I'll try to make sure I always mention that I got the idea from you...

Man Yellowhand forget about all those wacky nut cases! We all know your one of the best fabricators on this site and you dont have to copy anyones ideas because you come up with the most radical ones yourself.
Have you rode the yellowjacket yet???

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I got an e-mail this morning from a guy complaining that I copy his stuff and pretend it's mine...

I really like this brass knuckle pullstarter idea...if I fab one before you do, I'll try to make sure I always mention that I got the idea from you...
LOL, You better watch out. Some guys really think they made this stuff up themselves.

Thanks, man...I appreciate that...

I've always thought the main purpose of free internet forums was to exchange info and ideas...

I like to show off stuff I make so other guys can take the idea and run with it...do whatever they want with it.

I like to see other people's ideas and stuff too...gives me the inspiration and motivation to get off my butt and make something.

I try to give credit where credit is due, but unless it's patented, copyrighted or trademarked, it's in the public domain and I won't hesitate to copy it or pass it around to inspire or motivate someone else who might benefit from seeing it.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I've always thought the main purpose of free internet forums was to exchange info and ideas...
I can feel safe to say that is very true on this forum.

I have gotten into plenty of trouble for giving out to much detailed info on how-to-do something. This has caused me to be bash, band, deleted, and kick off a site before. There latest way to block my info was that when I post something. I can see the post, but no other users can see it. LOL

The problem I have is that I over look that some guys make a living on the the info I give. Why build your own motor, when you can ship it off and have a pro do it for you $$$$. Then when something happens to it, you don't know how to fix it. So it gets shipped out again for some more $$$$.

Heres my frame sanded down with 150 grit emery cloth. I`m still refinishing it right now. I may have it polished tonight or tomarrow. Reason i had to strip all the paint off is cause there was too many layers and the mills were too thick so my primer was flaking off and the top layer of paint wasnt sticking to the old paint. There had to be 5 good layers of paint on it plus my primer. I was sitting there after i sand blasted it thinking what if i put a great paint job on it and the engine moves and the chain falls off then it will chip up the paint like crazy, so I was going to spray bomb it flat black then I thought how cool it would look in bare metal. Went out and got some emery cloth last week and been sanding it every night this week to get it to this point. Here it is.

Yeah, I'd find a good clear coat. If you buy some crappy ones from home depot, they kind of change to a yellowish color sometimes. I think it was Rustoleums clear coat that was decent from a spray can.

At least you won't have to do any paint touch ups....