The Mighty Midget

I thought I would post a few pictures of a project that I completed recently. It's a representation of a 1930's Midget race car. I built it here in my shop. It has a 63 inch wheelbase, a 212 Predator/Comet torque converter, go kart axles, spindles, etc. The body is hand made from a variety of wood, aluminum and fiberglass. It will run about 40 mph, is a blast to drive and get's a ton of attention wherever I run it.

ATTACH=CONFIG]79620[/ATTACH] DSC09106.JPG DSC09104.JPG

Attachments

Steve73

Thou shall not lift. Lol.. I absolutely love what you got there! That's amazing, truly a piece of art. Congrats on your labor of love! How long did this project take from start to finish. 1 off projects I love to see. Again great job.

Thanks for all the compliments. As a side note, I am going to build another one, but my garage is way too crowded for that....so this one is for sale.
If anyone is interested, contact me for additional information at 260-402-0191.

buckeye

Oh man, not that....

Love it.
I grew up in NW Ohio. There were several quarter midget races in that area.
This reminds me of those.

Very cool. Those cyclekarts are getting pretty popular. I want to make one like a morgan 3 wheeler I have a V twin to put on the front but I need to find some wheels before i can get started

Very cool. Those cyclekarts are getting pretty popular. I want to make one like a morgan 3 wheeler I have a V twin to put on the front but I need to find some wheels before i can get started
Most cyclekart guys are using 17 inch Honda motorcycle wheels, but they are getting harder to find....and more expensive. I was a bit concerned about the durability of a wire wheel when you pitch it sideways in a corner, so I chose regular disc wheels instead...also for the look I was after.