The "Mini Bike" World is full of STUPID people. RANT!!

Like most of you I am on Facebook (Kevin Royce) and am a member of a few Mini Bike sites.
I try to help out and earn my keep but am learning anything outside OldMiniBikes Forums is the Wild West of stupidity.

Safety isn't much of a concern, just getting your mini to 70 mph any way possible is the goal!

How to set up a TAV? Slot your mounting plate holes and keep changing belt till it feels right.

Want to be Street Legal? Put a 98 cc sticker on your recoil cover, it helps!

High Speed Forks? No, they came from the factory that way.

How to secure a flywheel? 4 "Ugga Duggas" from a impact works great!
And on a side note an "Uggua Dugga" is not only the sound a impact makes but its also a measure of torque spec!!

Add a Stage 1 or 2 kit, disconnect the governor and blow a hole in the block, bad motor, return it on warranty!

Man, billet parts are a waste of money. Flywheels don't blow up!

Spelling can be bad, complete and coherent sentences are not so common.
One person referred to these idiots as "Knuckle Dragging Keyboard Warriors".
It's like watching the blind leading the blind.
I will still help but I will be ALOT more selective in who I help.
Not everyone is like this but too many are and they feed off each other.

Yep and its every where No thinkin it out or planning . Like getting electrocuted and killed from a12volt car battery . Everyone knows it will kill ya seen it in a movie its real .... to that i grab the cables and let out a scream and play my part ..... and watch the stupid people piss themselves in fear .

moetrout

Like most of you I am on Facebook (Kevin Royce) and am a member of a few Mini Bike sites.
I try to help out and earn my keep but am learning anything outside OldMiniBikes Forums is the Wild West of stupidity.

Safety isn't much of a concern, just getting your mini to 70 mph any way possible is the goal!

How to set up a TAV? Slot your mounting plate holes and keep changing belt till it feels right.

Want to be Street Legal? Put a 98 cc sticker on your recoil cover, it helps!

High Speed Forks? No, they came from the factory that way.

And on a side note an "Uggua Dugga" is not only the sound a impact makes but its also a measure of torque spec!!

Add a Stage 1 or 2 kit, disconnect the governor and blow a hole in the block, bad motor, return it on warranty!

Man, billet parts are a waste of money. Flywheels don't blow up!

Spelling can be bad, complete and coherent sentences are not so common.
One person referred to these idiots as "Knuckle Dragging Keyboard Warriors".
It's like watching the blind leading the blind.
I will still help but I will be ALOT more selective in who I help.
Not everyone is like this but too many are and they feed off each other.
You should start a facebook live show for this stuff. Just think about all of the material that's out there to choose from!

To be honest it seems like Facebook in general is like this, I don’t think it’s exclusive to mini bike people.
Just imho
I see varied opinions expressed but the level of ignorance in the face of FACT on mechanics is just astounding.

Everyone has a right to an opinion.
Physics cant be disputed. (Ugga Dugga)

SAS289

I think I have posted here in reference to the flywheel nut "I just ram it home with a half inch impact".... Please know that I was just kidding.:laugh:

You want to see some real fun stuff check the comment sections of YouTube videos. That is hours of entertainment.

I think most are kids who are confident with their limited knowledge and experience. You have to remember that they spent all those years in school with teachers and others telling them how great they are whether they are really great or not.

Last edited:
I agree with What you are saying. I also think most are kids just trying to learn but it is the same exact questions you posted over and over again. Mini bike nation is the worse. I try not to read that stuff.:laugh: Any bike that is for sale.....First question, "How fast does it go"? My favorite is when somebody posts a beautiful "vintage" bike or awesome restoration and then somebody posts, "I have one of those" and it is a piece of ":001_9898:". I'm just amazed how rude most of those guys/kids are on facebook.

Harquebus

For added comedy, let's add screenshots of the moronic commentary in question. I really need more stupidity on display. :laugh:

Last edited:
I don't think Facebook has anything to do with it. Is just happens to be a convenient means to express your ignorance to the world.

Thanks for posting this... "Knuckle Dragging Keyboard Warriors" It fits the yo- yo's perfectly.

[MENTION=56261]SAS289[/MENTION] hits the nail on the head with this comment.

I think most are kids who are confident with their limited knowledge and experience. You have to remember that they spent all those years in school with teachers and others telling them how great they are whether they are really great or not.

This addresses the entire source of the problem in my opinion. The school systems have pushed these kids through while holding their hand and telling them that everything will be OK.....

Now we have a sad bunch of young people that didn't get any discipline at home and then got a pat on the back for anything they did in school. Good or bad it was conveyed as a positive. And they want you to give them a job.

I have a friend that just retired from teaching World History to 11th and 12 graders after 36 years. His very first day at school, August of 1979, he had a boy beating on the door saying open the door. He just sat there and listened. The boy then proceeded to spell door..... He said "Open the D O Y" I have heard him tell this story hundreds of times. He told me this past winter that he had a girl in his class the last year he was teaching, the 15 - 16 school year, that wanted some tape. He asked here why she needed tape. She said she wanted to put a paper back on the door. He said go on girl you cant even spell door. She said, Yes I can! D O Y.....

35 years apart.... You cant make this up folks....

He was teaching about classical music and pulled some up so they could hear it. One boy in the back hollered "Hey that's Bugs Bunny".....

You cant make this up...

He can keep you in tears telling all the fool story's that he has seen and heard.

Not every kid is this way but sadly it seems that the majority are. When I went to school you knew the difference in right and wrong. These kids don't respect their selves much less anyone or anything else.

And the anonymity of the internet just gives them a swollen head when they spout off like a big shot.

Doug

Last edited:
FOMOGO while I somewhat agree with your assessment of todays educated youth I think this is a little different.

The kids/adults on FB want to learn so they ask a question.
While you may chime in with the correct answer it is soon buried in a sea of noise.

In school you are forced to learn.
FB mini bike sites have people who want to learn but anyone with half an idea they heard and want to get there name out there for the attention posts bogus answers.

Like I said, I will be helping allot less.

I don't think Facebook has anything to do with it. Is just happens to be a convenient means to express your ignorance to the world.

Thanks for posting this... "Knuckle Dragging Keyboard Warriors" It fits the yo- yo's perfectly.

[MENTION=56261]SAS289[/MENTION] hits the nail on the head with this comment.

This addresses the entire source of the problem in my opinion. The school systems have pushed these kids through while holding their hand and telling them that everything will be OK.....

Now we have a sad bunch of young people that didn't get any discipline at home and then got a pat on the back for anything they did in school. Good or bad it was conveyed as a positive. And they want you to give them a job.

I have a friend that just retired from teaching World History to 11th and 12 graders after 36 years. His very first day at school, August of 1979, he had a boy beating on the door saying open the door. He just sat there and listened. The boy then proceeded to spell door..... He said "Open the D O Y" I have heard him tell this story hundreds of times. He told me this past winter that he had a girl in his class the last year he was teaching, the 15 - 16 school year, that wanted some tape. He asked here why she needed tape. She said she wanted to put a paper back on the door. He said go on girl you cant even spell door. She said, Yes I can! D O Y.....

35 years apart.... You cant make this up folks....

He was teaching about classical music and pulled some up so they could hear it. One boy in the back hollered "Hey that's Bugs Bunny".....

You cant make this up...

He can keep you in tears telling all the fool story's that he has seen and heard.

Not every kid is this way but sadly it seems that the majority are. When I went to school you knew the difference in right and wrong. These kids don't respect their selves much less anyone or anything else.

And the anonymity of the internet just gives them a swollen head when they spout off like a big shot.

Doug
You got it! The school system doesn't teach common sense and sadly enough the parents won't either. Instead, everybody shelters children so they can't learn on their own. I see this problem mostly in the big schools in the big cities, ya know, the ones with gun free zones and school shootings...The more rural the better.

While this site is much better than some facebook sites it is not without some people giving poor advice to people who are trying to learn. It always seems to be someone fairy new to the site and they are just plain giving wrong advice. I used to correct that but now I tend to ignore it. There are some facebook sites that are pretty good technical sites but still you will see some incorrect information, but you learn who to listen to after a while just like this site.

FOMOGO while I somewhat agree with your assessment of todays educated youth I think this is a little different.

The kids/adults on FB want to learn so they ask a question.
While you may chime in with the correct answer it is soon buried in a sea of noise.

In school you are forced to learn.
FB mini bike sites have people who want to learn but anyone with half an idea they heard and want to get there name out there for the attention posts bogus answers.

Like I said, I will be helping allot less.
You are correct. It starts as a google search looking for help. Then like you said they get overwhelmed with a couple of correct answers and a hole bunch of incorrect answers.

I speak from 9 months of being around college aged kids that are disrespectful and clueless to the realities of life. The instructor is giving a lecture and they are watching videos on their phones and laughing out loud. That is very disrespectful in my old brain. Someone is footing the bill for them to be there but it doesn't seem to penetrate that void between their ears.

I taught school in the middle 80's and I got a belly full of "the system" real fast. There is no way I could survive as a teacher in todays world. When I was teaching Auto Mechanics at the same High School that I attended and took the very same Auto Mechanics classes in there was to much hand holding going on even way back then. We had a female teacher send a male student to the male assistant principal with a note. The assistant principal heard the kid plead his case and returned to the classroom with the kid in tow. He then proceeded to tell the female teacher (without hearing here side) that she was wrong and the student was right.... In front of the class no less. She lost all credibility with the class in an instant. Had he done this to me there wouldn't have been anything left but two buttholes jumping at one another. Because I would have worn his behind out. There were other instances that were worse than this one that convinced me that this wasn't the thing I needed to be doing for the rest of my life. I had a short temper and would have snatched a knot in somebodies behind. Then I would have been in trouble.....

I had 2 really good kids that went on to very profitable positions in the automotive industry. One is the shop foreman at the Ford dealership. The other is a lead Tec at the Chrysler dealership. The other kids in the class went on to pursue other fields but have enjoyed being good home mechanics as that was their goal when they took the class. Taught part time at the Tec School too. That was full of GI bill goof offs. They were there just to collect government monies. And they would brag to you that they were getting paid to be there...

Doug

I had 2 really good kids that went on to very profitable positions in the automotive industry. One is the shop foreman at the Ford dealership. The other is a lead Tec at the Chrysler dealership. The other kids in the class went on to pursue other fields but have enjoyed being good home mechanics as that was their goal when they took the class. Taught part time at the Tec School too. That was full of GI bill goof offs. They were there just to collect government monies. And they would brag to you that they were getting paid to be there...

Doug
My vo-tech is filled with do-nothings that just go to skip some classes at the High school. Auto-tech, logistics, heavy equipment, print-tech, that's where the lazy kids hang. Electrical, machining, carpentry, that's where the kids who want to work go. I feel bad for some of the teachers who have to deal with the city kids. One teacher got suspended because an Allen kid was screaming at the him and he just stood there and said "If I were anybody else, your :asshole: would get beaten." The kid made up his own story and told the office the teacher assaulted him.

markus

Morons.............Everybody knows that a flywheel needs at least 6 "ugga-Duggas" to stay secure. 4"ugga-Duggas" are for head bolts, you want to reuse your original head gasket and really squash it down good......so it bumps up the compression and adds horsepower :laugh:

One teacher got suspended because an Allen kid was screaming at the him and he just stood there and said "If I were anybody else, your :asshole: would get beaten." The kid made up his own story and told the office the teacher assaulted him.

And sadly this is a common occurrence where the kid is right and the teacher is wrong....

Same kid that is the internet know it all....

Last edited: