The "No B.S." Greyhound shipping test

Shipped this Boonie Bike from CA to MI via greyhound for $83.50 - UPS wanted $235

Packed well, this thing will make it. The bad rep with greyhound from what I can see has always been either poor packing and once seen a situation where the station being sent to didn't accept packages and it ended up at the next nearest station a day or 2 later.

Pluses:

1) Much lower cost, which makes it more feasible to make a purchase.
2) Oftentimes gets there MUCH quicker, which in my mind also helps in things not getting lost. I sent a $3000 Taco 55 to Tacodon down in L.A. area and it made it the same night.

If something happens with this shipment, we'll all know about it. I've personally had bikes go greyhound to and from at least a dozen times, most likely more.

BTW, this buyer knows how to play ball....saw someone inquire about the roller and dropped the ball. He saw the opportunity and PMed me with the request to be 2nd in line. Once he was first in line he priority mailed out a money order with MORE than enough to cover shipping and will be getting a paypal refund tonight for the difference.

It was in 2 boxes when it shipped in via greyhound:

=1&d=1394073309

May have saved a couple bucks through greyhound, but UPS said that if the weight were split in half in 2 boxes it may have gone down to about $200 lol

They wanted nearly $300.00 to ship a Cat Endura semi roller to Arizona! USPS was a lot less to get it to the new owner. Cool wagon Tom!

I shipped a bike EXACTLY like that to a guy in California once:laugh: It went Greyhound, and they brought me a Cat frame and some Trail Horse wheels.

I shipped a bike EXACTLY like that to a guy in California once:laugh: It went Greyhound, and they brought me a Cat frame and some Trail Horse wheels.
Yeah, Jim that was a lot of bikes ago. Trying to thing down a little and free up some cash for my 2 Pontiac projects.

They wanted nearly $300.00 to ship a Cat Endura semi roller to Arizona! USPS was a lot less to get it to the new owner.
I think a lot of people miss out on cool bikes because of shipping. Greyhound makes it feasable.

'64 Tempest Wagon. Was a mate to my '64 Ragtop, but let it go to a buddy a few years ago. Looks like he may be selling it now. Getting old and too many cars.

The greyhound story was my story from a bike I bought from a member.:laugh::laugh: The bike was packed terrible and the oil wasn't drained. The box got soaked with oil and fell apart. Greyhound re-packed the mini bike and I finally received the bike. The biggest problem I see with greyhound is they can't track the box even with the tracking number:shrug: The only reason I knew the box fell apart was because they called me:laugh:

The greyhound story was my story from a bike I bought from a member.:laugh::laugh: The bike was packed terrible and the oil wasn't drained. The box got soaked with oil and fell apart.
BINGO

Greyhound re-packed the mini bike and I finally received the bike.
Lucky somebody didn't get charged back on that

The biggest problem I see with greyhound is they can't track the box even with the tracking number:shrug:
Neither can anybody else. Have you ever tried to track down a lost item? They can track it IF it doesn't get lost and gets scanned in. If it gets lost, it's lost.

Your right about the tracking:thumbsup: For some reason I have had shipping problems with UPS and USPS this year. Took 3 weeks to get a 1st class small package from Cali. I thought it was lost for sure, but I did get it:thumbsup: The UPS tracking isn't working to well either.:doah:

I think I'm the one that had the one not accepted. Jeep sent me some engines.There was noone on duty at night on the weekend, and it went to Shreveport or mabe a little farther, but they did keep track of them and turned it around, and I got them a couple days later.

I think I'm the one that had the one not accepted. Jeep sent me some engines.There was noone on duty at night on the weekend, and it went to Shreveport or mabe a little farther, but they did keep track of them and turned it around, and I got them a couple days later.
I sent a Cat Eliminator roller to TopKat over in the Vallejo/Antioch area and didn't know at the time that some stations don't accept packages. He ended up having to drive to the next station to get it.

Talked to the terminal guy there today and mentioned the bad rep. He said some of the problem is that the greyhound corp won't let them advertise the shipping because "They handle the advertising" - not very well I'd have to say because not many people know about them and the rules aren't out there like they should be. I think we have most of the problems covered now lol

Some only accept them 9-5, or short hours on weekends, but I doubt they lose more than anyone else, and the Boonie boxes looked like I carried them out of my shop and loaded them in your car. You wouldn't know they had been shipped by looking at them.

Follow up - not only no problems with this shipment, but also sent more cargo to the same guy a week or so later (same guy ought a large Ruttman roller from my buddy) with no problems.