The "Not So Common" Mini Bike Thread

Heres the rest of this brochure :thumbsup:

Good to see those pics, the last one of those brochures that was listed only showed the cover. I bid on it but it went for a very high amount, I was hoping to make copy's available to other Mickey bike owners but it got away. I figured I'd never see another one, and then this one pops up two weeks later:laugh:

markus

Good to see those pics, the last one of those brochures that was listed only showed the cover. I bid on it but it went for a very high amount, I was hoping to make copy's available to other Mickey bike owners but it got away. I figured I'd never see another one, and then this one pops up two weeks later:laugh:
you notice in the family pic Mickey's bars look more like 24" rise :scared:

markus

ASM 1972....check out the cool Sachs powered trike top right, the guys also used some of the taiwan import minibike frames too.

:drool: I see that air cleaner looks cut down, Is the frame smaller than the later, more common ones? Those had a silkscreened kinda ID badge on them as opposed to the cast ones to didnt they? Looking killer!!!!
I did chop & channel the air cleaner a little - I was hell bent on using a 5hp; I never measured the frames, just always assumed they were the same? The badges are different - Ginormous pain reproducing tags for BOTH models! And those brochures - I was hoping too someone would be selling copies.....

markus

I did chop & channel the air cleaner a little - I was hell bent on using a 5hp; I never measured the frames, just always assumed they were the same? The badges are different - Ginormous pain reproducing tags for BOTH models! And those brochures - I was hoping too someone would be selling copies.....
yea I would say looking at yours with the 5 on it that my KOL built later frame version is probably about an inch taller, The 5 will clear (still tight) but with no alterations. Not really noticeable with a 3 in it, I would have never known it. I bet the badges were hard to replicate, I'm still trying to get a simple decal for my version done, got the image finally pretty awesome (I totally buggered the first run :doah:) when its over orange but when you put it over the blue there's one stupid shaded spot that does not look right....my bike is blue :cursing:

I dunno who popped to get the original brochures and if they are going to repo them, I figured you or sly would have maybe went after them since you are some of the very few that actually have that first version. I can email you the images I have that were pulled from those auctions, Been editing them lately as best I can to get them as straight on and as large as I can get them. I think they get shrunk down a little when they get uploaded to the photo hosting site though, be happy to send them to you though just PM me you email if you want them.

yea I would say looking at yours with the 5 on it that my KOL built later frame version is probably about an inch taller, The 5 will clear (still tight) but with no alterations. Not really noticeable with a 3 in it, I would have never known it. I bet the badges were hard to replicate, I'm still trying to get a simple decal for my version done, got the image finally pretty awesome (I totally buggered the first run :doah:) when its over orange but when you put it over the blue there's one stupid shaded spot that does not look right....my bike is blue :cursing:

I dunno who popped to get the original brochures and if they are going to repo them, I figured you or sly would have maybe went after them since you are some of the very few that actually have that first version. I can email you the images I have that were pulled from those auctions, Been editing them lately as best I can to get them as straight on and as large as I can get them. I think they get shrunk down a little when they get uploaded to the photo hosting site though, be happy to send them to you though just PM me you email if you want them.
I loaned my original badge to Jeff Clark years ago and he tried to replicate it but the the detail was too small and he had a hell of a time. He sent me one as a souvenir, and it pales in comparison to an original. I think Mac had some pretty good repops a little while back.

Funny thing about those brochures, first one I eves saw was a couple months ago and I contacted a member here to make sure we weren't bidding against each other. It ended up going for over $200 bucks:scared:. Then in the next couple months a few more popped up, I bid on all of them but was outbid each time. My plan was to get the brochure and make some copies available, but it looks like each time one has been sold it ends up getting squirreled away. If that many popped up in just this past year that means there's more out there, I'll just have to keep looking...

DSCF0690.JPG Here's a pic of my later tag; they actually look better than the pic; will try this week to get a pic of the early one....

I'm gonna try to find a nice foldable copy of a brochure; don't need one bad enough to cough up the big bucks - I'd rather put that money towards a set of Mickey mags! LOL!