The Official Bonanza Mini Bike Thread . . .

Frisco57

I'm thinking about changing the tire size on my Bonanza BC 1200 from 4.10/3.50-6 to the larger BC 1300 size 5.30/4.50-6. Any recommendations on where to get the larger sized tires & tubes?

Midyrman

The unrestored roller disassembled is below. The roller as purchased picture is posted earlier in this tread. The jackshaft sprockets and rear wheel sprocket are all large chain. There is also a slight twist in the left jackshaft plate which probably would take the Hodaka torque to do. Also, the roller came with the throttle and rusted throttle cable which is clearly Hodaka with the rubber boot and cap still attached. Also, the rusted rear brake lever was still mounted on right side of handle bar and the remains of the clutch lever was on the left side.

C7A7B929-A255-4B68-98B2-EE5F51D007D2.jpeg 9035B5A7-001B-4817-9D22-A9033DD97720.jpeg

Last edited:
The tall JS frames were first used for the TC frames but later in MX 1510s as well. The tall JS has better chain geometry for racing and wouldn’t throw chains like the standard JS. This information came directly from Dave Miller, RIP. This bike is also the last version of MX1510 and was a factory yellow bike with the Bonanza sunburst decal on the tank! A Rare Bonanza.

mustangfrank

The tall JS frames were first used for the TC frames but later in MX 1510s as well. The tall JS has better chain geometry for racing and wouldn’t throw chains like the standard JS. This information came directly from Dave Miller, RIP. This bike is also the last version of MX1510 and was a factory yellow bike with the Bonanza sunburst decal on the tank! A Rare Bonanza.
Thanks, good info, I've seen a couple I questioned because of that.