The Official Minibike Wheel Thread

Can't ID this steel wheel:

Has a 5 bolt pattern on the halves and has a triangle pattern for the hub that's smaller than the Fox/Caper/Dart Cycle pattern

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently a company called Geneva Wheel was responsible for making the Fox / Rupp Dart style steel wheels...

Geneva Fox / Rupp Dart style steel wheels with Goodyear studded tires.

Last edited:
Not sure we have a tire thread and this is a tube.:laugh: I have taken many original wheels apart and never seen a tube like this. Pretty cool with raised letters. This tube was in a Rupp Dart wheel. Good Year tube.

markus

[MENTION=5969]markus[/MENTION] I've never seen one like that before. Early? Late? Five bolts?
Not sure the history of them, only seen them a handful of times, but on very much orginal/survior looking bikes. That pic is off some detailed shots of a 1972/73 in the gallery, There was a matching pair of them (the bikes) a few years ago that showed up which had the wheels on it too and some years ago there was what I remember to be a briggs bike that popped up on here with them too....I remember questioning the wheels. I don't know if they were grabbed here and there to get bikes done or what, I think the use of the plastic nylite wheels was about the same timeframe as the one above.......right about when minibike sales was going south.

I think they redrilled the rear wheel assembly on those to the 4 bolt pattern :eek:ut:

Need help identifying this wheel. 5" split wheel. Non sprocket side has a steel lining for the drum brake that is in the picture. Sprocket side has a 3 hole pattern for the sprocket.

This wheel came with an old Huskee Trail Runner frame I got so idk if that helps.

Resized_20171023_092450.jpeg

Resized_20171023_092457.jpeg

markus

Need help identifying this wheel. 5" split wheel. Non sprocket side has a steel lining for the drum brake that is in the picture. Sprocket side has a 3 hole pattern for the sprocket.

This wheel came with an old Huskee Trail Runner frame I got so idk if that helps.

View attachment 100843

View attachment 100844
thats original to the Huskee, they are a Taiwanese copy of Honda wheels that they used on bikes like the QA50's

@manchester1 Those are beautiful. Are they polished? Burnished? Some of each? It's hard to tell from the small image. I'm at the point of having to decide what to do with my Lil' Indian and Ruttman mag wheels and looking for suggestions.