The Official Tom Thumb and Micro Bike Thread

Question KKK--will that Tech motor run on its side as in the pic? What about a 2hp Briggs flathead? would she still pick up oil? Don't know if the 2hp Briggs has the oil scoop on the crank.

I believe that Tec motor in the pic above is a 2 stroker...some of them things will run upside down...:blink:

I'm don't think an upright Briggs 2hp will fit in these....maybe a small McCulloch or Power Products ?

Last edited:
I am gathering parts for the Tom Thumb build. Have aluminum mags off a Go Ped with manual front disc brake. 3.00x4 tires,and two motors. I have a Zenoah 23 ans a Smartech 23. My question is how do I get a clutch drive with sprocket? I have looked at all the pics on this thread and none show the clutch set up except for the O&R engine which I don't have. Anyone have any pics of the clutch set up for the foreign engines? Thanks for your help.

I have been dreaming about building a Tom thumb for close to 40 years , I still remember looking at my fathers popular mechanics encyclopedia books with their red covers.
Oh well maybe some day lol

Seems to me the easiest way to go is with the pocket bike engine as it already has a clutch

I do have a Bantam chainsaw the same as Manchester 1's could be another build in my future lol

How are you going to get a Mac 91B in an 8 inch space--aren't they too thick? what a rocket if you get it in--with direct drive--who's your life insurance carrier?Good for you Jeff--can't wait to see the pics.Hope you have a great Christmas--Bill.

How are you going to get a Mac 91B in an 8 inch space--aren't they too thick? what a rocket if you get it in--with direct drive--who's your life insurance carrier?Good for you Jeff--can't wait to see the pics.Hope you have a great Christmas--Bill.
With the Mac laying on its side and using the bottom stuffer for the carb mount, I should have about 8 inches to work with.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

Also wanted to throw a shout out to scooterboy for making this happen! Can't wait
Jimmy