The Official VINTAGE Snowmobile, Ski Machine and Sled Thread

Did it look like this one? This is a 65 Ski-doo, 63 to 65 were about the same before that they had a metal hood.

Or like this 1968, 66 & 67 were about the same but had a different back rest.

Hmmmm...possibly the bottom picture, defintely not the top....I think mine had a single headlight in the front center....that pop-up headlight rings a bell.... Had a flip forward fiberglass front..short windshield that did nothing. It was painted a baby blue metallic but I'm quite sure that wasn't the original color...the guy I got it from owned a body shop and he "prettied it up" before I bought it. The way I recall it was wider and lower than the two you pictured....don't remember a rear seat back either althought it could ride two because I had my girlfriend on it the last time it left us stranded...this was 35 years ago so my memory is sketchy on this one...:doah:

Last edited:
Thinking it might have had a 6volt system...electric start..?.if it didn't crank (which it never did :censure:)...I think you reached inside the front cowl with your right arm to pull start it.....

oldsledz

Thinking it might have had a 6volt system...electric start..?.if it didn't crank (which it never did :censure:)...I think you reached inside the front cowl with your right arm to pull start it.....
I don't think it was a Ski-doo none had a hinged hood until 1969 and looked much like the 3rd photo.

All of the electric start sleds I have ever seen were 12 volt and used the same battery as a lawn tractor.
Do you remember what brand the motor was? Was the chassis steel or aluminum.

I don't think it was a Ski-doo none had a hinged hood until 1969 and looked much like the 3rd photo.

All of the electric start sleds I have ever seen were 12 volt and used the same battery as a lawn tractor.
Do you remember what brand the motor was? Was the chassis steel or aluminum.
Well I know I'm not being much help....I know I never took a picture of it because I hated that thing...I dug through some old photos of my dad's shop today hoping it might be seen in the backround or something....still looking.

I need like a manufacturer's guide from 1965-1970...I would say it had to be in that range just by the styling. I'll look through some Google pics.

I would say the chassis was steel because you couldn't budge that s.o.b. when it quit...last time I had it out I was with my girlfriend, my older brother and his girlfriend. This was unusual in itself because I barely tolerated my brother and I never hung around with him. He had zero mechanical ability...couldn't tie his own shoes. He was working at a golf course and his boss said we could run the sleds there as long as we stayed away from where the greens were. Somehow he had gotten his hands on a sled and we took them out there late one night. We were running inside this tree line when mine quit running....we tried pulling it back with the other sled but that bastard would not budge.....we had to tow it/ push it at the same time to drag it back...freezing cold...pitch black .....exhasted ......By the time we got back I was fuming mad at that miserable POS: :censure:

I forget what I did with it but I should have set it on fire and left it there........:hammer:.....:weld:

Last edited:

oldsledz

Well I know I'm not being much help....I know I never took a picture of it because I hated that thing...I dug through some old photos of my dad's shop today hoping it might be seen in the backround or something....still looking.

I need like a manufacturer's guide from 1965-1970...I would say it had to be in that range just by the styling. I'll look through some Google pics.

I would say the chassis was steel because you couldn't budge that s.o.b. when it quit...last time I had it out I was with my girlfriend, my older brother and his girlfriend. This was unusual in itself because I barely tolerated my brother and I never hung around with him. He had zero mechanical ability...couldn't tie his own shoes. He was working at a golf course and his boss said we could run the sleds there as long as we stayed away from where the greens were. Somehow he had gotten his hands on a sled and we took them out there late one night. We were running inside this tree line when mine quit running....we tried pulling it back with the other sled but that bastard would not budge.....we had to tow it/ push it at the same time to drag it back...freezing cold...pitch black .....exhasted ......By the time we got back I was fuming mad at that miserable POS..:censure:

I forget what I did with it but I should have set it on fire and left it there........:hammer:

It may take some time but you can probably find it here. VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE BROCHURES - ON THIS PAGE YOU WILL FIND OVER 400 VINTAGE SNOWMOBILE BROCHURES POSTED.