The OX

KB2ROCKET

Did you hook up a choke on that carb ?

O.J.
no I live in warm a climate and if I really need to choke it I can use a small plastic bag on the filter.

the real truth is unless this engine runs REAL good I will probably use a more stock engine because this project isn't so much about horsepower its more about reliable power

Nice build so far.
It can be a PITA to find that balance of raw power and reliability.
I crossed that line a few times wig Minaralli clones. Bike dynoed at 14 HP but I am still skeptical. It ran for about 80-90 miles before it thrashed the full circle crank. The next one will have a lower reving 72cc kit and stock bottom. Point being, it's easy to wring too much power from an engine. Especially a 2t.
Can't wait to see what you do for the front drive

KB2ROCKET

Well I'm prepping for tomorrow's engine test at this point I just need oil and gas

Tonight's update I couldn't wait so I got some gas and oil and pull started my brains out but this carb isn't working I got it to fire up and die but that was it Strike Two I will try something else tomorrow

Last edited:

KB2ROCKET

Well its another day and I have to face some of life's truths the plethora of parts that I put together from my spares bin did not make a happy engine combination ... and I am too old to be yanking on a pull cord in the blazing sun trying to get that engine to work right the result was me feeling light headed and hurling in the yard and pulling something inside that still hurts today soooo. Today I received the wheels I ordered then I got some tire irons to mount them hopefully it won't be to hard AND I bought a new predator 420 13hp engine

Last edited:
Ouch. Atleast all those parts look like they will fit your Mini :laugh: looks like you should be mounting the tires from the back side of the wheels with the big lip on front. a little bead sealer fixes everything. you should see the beads on my jeep tires after mounting and dismounting 6 or 8 times :doah:

Last edited:

T-Town Mini

Maybe take the tires & wheels to a shop that sales/services ATVs to mount them for you.

Don't give up...just take a break and let them do the work. Tire shops might even do it for free. Give it a try.

Ok I have developed a plan B and it starts with getting some rest ...... I'll BE BACK! .... :gunsmilie:
good. you can't just quit because of a little adversity. where would we be as a society if jim beam
gave up after his first batch of swill? or if edison said "hahaha it" after the first 350 bad light
bulbs??? (he was an idiot anyway)

just remember what bluto said in animal house when faced with expulsion.....

get some rest, and come back swinging!

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
You should be very happy with the predator 420. I put one on a three wheeler two years ago. Still starts on first pull!! I never even bothered to buy a battery for the electric start just because it's so easy to pull start.

KB2ROCKET

Ok where was I? Oh yeah I just bought two knarley Sedona Ripsaw 26 x 11 x 12 tires and then I distroyed one of them by trying to mount it my self with dish soap and 3 tire irons well today the replacement tire arrived and 2 new 4 on 4" wheel hubs for 1" axles so this weekend I plan on getting a tire shop to mount them for me and I will call that progress who knows I may even test run my new predator 420 13hp engine ... stay tuned

KB2ROCKET

I was thinking exactly the same thing if I just radius all the sharp corners it should help and make it look better at the same time