The Purple HORNET

Nice K&S, love me a K&S. You don't dawdle, you just got this, I am really anal about my old rusty frames. When I am sure they are dried out good (in the house with heat, humidifier or AC for a few days) I drill two 1/4 inch holes in the back of the frame, and using a ketchup or mustard squirt bottle, squirt in some slightly thinned red Rustoleum primer inside the frame, tape up the hole, and roll it around for about 10 mminutes, then drain it. Have no idea if it helps, but makes me feel better. Have had some seriously rusty frames.

Nice K&S, love me a K&S. You don't dawdle, you just got this, I am really anal about my old rusty frames. When I am sure they are dried out good (in the house with heat, humidifier or AC for a few days) I drill two 1/4 inch holes in the back of the frame, and using a ketchup or mustard squirt bottle, squirt in some slightly thinned red Rustoleum primer inside the frame, tape up the hole, and roll it around for about 10 mminutes, then drain it. Have no idea if it helps, but makes me feel better. Have had some seriously rusty frames.
Wow never thought about doing that. My frame is in descent shape and should be ok. Just got my Rod in so tonight i'll start putting it together.

Picked this bike a week ago, and just started breaking it down. Its a K&S Hornet with a Rupp front fork. Plans are bringing it back to life with new parts and paint.
Here's one I'm trying to get to. Got a few ahead of it while the motors getting restored. Obviously the seat was put on there as a joke LOL .Phxminiguy52 mark Screenshot_2018-11-13-16-35-09.png

So i changed motors ( because i sold the Tecumseh) and installed a 3HP Briggs. Only problem is that the block doesn't have holes on the side cover to hook up my clutch band brake. So i had to come up with something. IMG_2907.JPG

So i've been building a Raptor engine to finally go in the Purple Hornet. Got an ARC billet rod, Dynocams 07-3 cam, and cut head. Still waiting on parts to get here but its a great start. Still need a new shroud, billet flywheel, and a tank for it. Getting closer to finish the bike. 3HP was a lot of fun and got it up to 32 mph so now excited to see what this does.

Attachments