"The rebel'' cumminsbayou's open class doodle bug

WAIT i have thought it over and i think the best thing to do is take it to a welding shop and get them to drill the holes for me. I didn't sell the motor which i i probilly should. It has no spark for some reason now? the plug would be super rare to find if it is that so i may try o put a new boot on it.

Put a length of chain around the clutch and rear sprocket then line everything up,when it is clamp the motor down ...check it again,if its still good get a nail and scribe each motor mount hole.Next measure the motor mount holes on the engine and check your scribe marks against your measurements.When you are confident with your marks drill-em...it will work out fine.Try a different plug in the motor if still no spark thats a points motor,just get to the points and clean-em it'll fire then.Don't ever give up we will help you any way we can.:thumbsup:

thanks guys, I would have done drilled the holes it is just it isn't like a typical briggs or tecumseh or something. I'll get pictures of it and the plug, i would try a different plug but i would have no idea where to find one. It isn't like a plug in a normal motor either:laugh: I think im gonna make it work tho guys and have the first Jacobson powered doodle bug

Looking at your motor more I see what the deal is.Take a cereal box and cut a piece the same size as the bottom of the motor,then tape it to the bottom of the motor.Now take four pencils and poke them through the cardboard,then pull one pencil at a time and carefully carve the holes perfect replacing the pencils as you go to hold alignment of holes.Now put the motor on the frame and do as I said before and when its all lined up carefully peel the tape without moving the engine,then tape the cardboard to the frame.Now when you remove the motor you should have a perfect hole drilling template.

Well i guess know one knew i was joking(or they didn't see) my last post. I will be using the jacobson, i drilled holes to day for it and all i need is a gas line and some longer motor bolts

Motor is bolted on. I actually fired it up today for a second by putting some 2 stroke mix in the carb. Now all i need to do is put my throttle on it, get a gas line, hook up my seat, and take some links out of the chain

a good thing with a 2 stroke is you can flip them over with out oil spilling out

The motor actually has like 4 washers and a piece of quarter inch ply wood on it to keep the recoil from hitting

Mock up, that motor looks so small on it

Here i am on it i'm like 5'10 or so and i'm to big for it, think its gonna be sold so i can buy a kawasaki enduro this summer

i weld the tanks mount to the little bar so can't with out cutting it off and i don't want to do that. Besides i want some thing with gears and a manuel clutch