The Rusty Rupp project

Figured I would start with the handle bars to see if I could straighten them or I would have to find another one. Fired up the torch to get the forks straight enough to get the inner fork out. Put up a fight but there out, springs are stuck though. Had to cut the bars and hammer them out

Thanks! Tried a few tricks to get those upper spring mounts out, but they just would move a 1/8" up and down. Cut off wheel fixed them:grind:
Now on to the back of the frame! Don't know why anyone would cut the back off the frame and this isn't the first one I've seen:confused:

Thanks again for the complements, this group has great builders on here!
Made up the brake switch mount that was cut off, even though not going to use it. But felt it wouldn't look right with out it. Mocked up the fender from OldMiniBikes, started the rear support strap.

Some body work, then etch primer and High build primer.

Thanks! I had to kick it in high gear to get the frame and parts ready for paint. Hit the frame I primered last week with some 180 then primed again, final sanding with 500. The fenders needed the edges cleaned up with some 50 grit, 80 then 180 for priming.