The Ultimate Off Road Bonanza Build Returns

delray

snow hog tire looks interesting. size that you need for you bike does the tire have a roundness to it? or kind of flat? some pictures I have seen of them look roundness. that would be good to have. it would allow you to roll the bike in a corner hard and hold the ground good. also looks like the shinko's tires you have look like they would work good too. also most something you would want to test out first and go from there?

snow hog tire looks interesting. size that you need for you bike does the tire have a roundness to it? or kind of flat? some pictures I have seen of them look roundness. that would be good to have. it would allow you to roll the bike in a corner hard and hold the ground good. also looks like the shinko's tires you have look like they would work good too. also most something you would want to test out first and go from there?
The snow hogs are rounded. I ran the shinkos last year and they weren’t bad a pretty good tire the rear tire had a lot of wear on it. The snow hogs 4.80-8 and the shinkos are 4.00-8 so the snow hogs are a little wider and have a more aggressive tread pattern which is what I want and need. The shinkos will burn out in almost any terrain when I get on the throttle

delray

wonder if you just ran the snow hog on the rear. kind of like having a poor mans motorcross bike setup. use a aggressive tire on the back to let you pull better in the terrain and the round knobby on the front to let you roll the steering/bike better in the corners.

wonder if you just ran the snow hog on the rear. kind of like having a poor mans motorcross bike setup. use a aggressive tire on the back to let you pull better in the terrain and the round knobby on the front to let you roll the steering/bike better in the corners.
I thought about that too but it’s a different size I might just get one to start and see how it looks and feels

Got some parts in the mail today. Very happy to get started on this again. Still waiting on a head gasket so I can reassemble the engine. The tires look great I got 2 different tread patterns the snow hog is more rounded and I will run up front and the xtrac is super aggressive and a little more square of a tire I will try it on the back and see how it goes. And got my hydraulic front and rear brakes this thing will be able to stop on a dime!
49DB941A-8215-4E2E-9AA5-0930C060BA31.jpeg 4DF32AF3-46D0-491F-83E6-165F6370A7CE.jpeg 596EC544-3E92-4DA3-8B52-759DA8033B94.jpeg

delray

only thing I would worry about with running the square tire bryan is if you have to lay down the bike little when going into a corner hard or even slow. you will get to a point where the rear tire will want to wash out from underneath you with out having any side wall traction. one thing I do like about both tires they are built with a lot of side wall support. i'm sure it's got to do with being on a piece of heavy equipment(snowblower). even though they are not rated for speed I still think they can handle your speed's. but you could get little vibration from that one tire you have and that's probably because of the tire design. I believe your shinko tires are speed rate 50-60 mph and that's still a good tire to have. snow hogs would be interesting tire to test out.

only thing I would worry about with running the square tire bryan is if you have to lay down the bike little when going into a corner hard or even slow. you will get to a point where the rear tire will want to wash out from underneath you with out having any side wall traction. one thing I do like about both tires they are built with a lot of side wall support. i'm sure it's got to do with being on a piece of heavy equipment(snowblower). even though they are not rated for speed I still think they can handle your speed's. but you could get little vibration from that one tire you have and that's probably because of the tire design. I believe your shinko tires are speed rate 50-60 mph and that's still a good tire to have. snow hogs would be interesting tire to test out.
After looking over the tires I’m not going to run the xtrac. It’s too square so I’m going to try the snow hogs front and rear and see how they do. Worst case I’ll just go back to the shinkos

Did a few small things today. Cleaned the top of piston, installed some head studs, and cracked open the case. Inside of the block looks great no wear to the rod of camshaft. Rod bolts stayed torqued. Installed the billet side cover and set crank end play. End play is a little on the tighter side at ~.009 but from all the research I’ve done it should be just fine. Crankcase assembly is ready to go. Will work on the head tomorrow
8BA382C5-7EB2-47BE-A03D-F58CD02C52BE.jpeg

Engine is all put together and runs. It has what I hope is an exhaust leak but could be a headgasket leak. I used a copper gasket annealed it and used the copper gasket spray but it may not have sealed properly. Worst case I will go back to the .045 thick gasket that worked well before but I was really hoping to get this thinner gasket to work and bump my compression a little
D73C5347-3A2F-49DC-B535-E459B487C4C2.jpeg 003CA8FF-2BC7-41C3-9911-4EC3167F9051.jpeg

Pulled the head and the gasket was blown. Cleaned up the mating surfaces and used a fire ring gasket instead of messing with the copper gasket again. Everything’s sealed up and the engine runs really well! Still thinking of throwing an isky cam in it and maybe some ratio rockers. Also my juggernaut came today super pleased to see it’s a high quality part. Can’t wait to try it out 702B0CD9-C5F2-4884-AE2D-812672B6BF05.jpeg EF7B1956-9028-4019-9C28-4D230EB3FA18.jpeg 750A540A-76AB-44F0-8BE1-8BE315BD4CF2.jpeg 477EED05-8039-4C12-BB3A-9F3D4C20B33C.jpeg 58557746-FB2A-4964-81C6-AEDEC840397D.jpeg