The Ultimate Off Road Bonanza Build Returns

Made my exhaust and got my rear fender together. The fender looks a little goofy but that’s where it has to mount because of how much travel my rear suspension has. I fully compressed the shock and the tire had 1/2-1” of clearance from the fender so it’s going to have to stay 8D16DF56-6974-4A18-9F10-1513D5D1F408.jpeg 74FAAFCB-FABC-4122-B947-CA0879399179.jpeg 5D2B32BC-4357-4677-AAB3-A0713B1A3FC0.jpeg

delray

Bryan,i see cars and camera,john and ike are building a new bike that go power sports gave them and a tilltonson 225 motor.
if they think putting on a tilly motor on it and what little mods there going to do to that heavy bike and win.
they are really clueless.

Made my exhaust and got my rear fender together. The fender looks a little goofy but that’s where it has to mount because of how much travel my rear suspension has. I fully compressed the shock and the tire had 1/2-1” of clearance from the fender so it’s going to have to stay View attachment 259051 View attachment 259052 View attachment 259053
OK since I have nothing better to do, I am going to nitpick on what is a totally awesome build. The embroidery on your seat is slightly off-center. I am going to have to record this in your permanent file. (BTW can you tell I am incredibly jealous?)

OK since I have nothing better to do, I am going to nitpick on what is a totally awesome build. The embroidery on your seat is slightly off-center. I am going to have to record this in your permanent file. (BTW can you tell I am incredibly jealous?)
Lol! I had the rear seat mount a little off. I redrilled the hole and it’s centered now

Thoroughly enjoyed this thread, Bryan! Very nice fab work. Barry Young builds a really, really nice head. Welded heart/ kidney shaped chamber. Yields about 11:1 with my stock bore Predator. Runs fine on pump gas with black mamba sr cam and 1.3 rockers. Really interested in getting a juggernaut pulley. I was able to use 3100 rpm springs and a 7 inch driven with stock ct200 rear sprocket and iirc a 9 tooth gear on the tav. Plenty of low end, and pulled great to top end. Black Mamba is a great cam for a built bike, imho. I was initially worried it might be soft on the bottom, but that was not the case. Nice work! Thanks so much for sharing!

bryan, could I ask what your jetting is on your 24mm Mikuni? I had mine running perfectly with no bog off the bottom when I crack the throttle open but since it warmed up and I changed my Pushrods (shorter) I got the bog back again. Mind that the temp difference was about 18 degrees hotter when the bog came back. Right now I have the jetting as 20 pilot (2 turns out) 140 main and stock needle at middle clip setting.

bryan, could I ask what your jetting is on your 24mm Mikuni? I had mine running perfectly with no bog off the bottom when I crack the throttle open but since it warmed up and I changed my Pushrods (shorter) I got the bog back again. Mind that the temp difference was about 18 degrees hotter when the bog came back. Right now I have the jetting as 20 pilot (2 turns out) 140 main and stock needle at middle clip setting.
If it was running well in colder weather (the air is more dense, and can support burning more fuel) you might try moving the clip on the needle up a notch, which will lower the needle in the jet, and lean the mixture out about 2%, IIRC. I also have a 24mm flatslide, and am also tuning it up, for the warmer weather. I have a bunch of these carbs, and from what I have seen, the needles all vary widely. I have had the best results slapping a new carb on and running it, before trying to jet it. A skinny needle might require a 100 jet, where a fat needle might run it's best with a 140 jet. There are way too many variables to jet to a certain size jet and expect perfection! These little motors will make you a really good tuner, though!