The ULTIMATE Taco 100 Restoration

MiniBike Paul

The ULTIMATE Taco 100 Restoration

2 months ago I started what I hope will be the ULTIMATE Taco 100 -

Taco Joe let me use his powder coater and, more importantly, his colors, both the purple and the motor dark grey.
I bought a chrome side cover.
All the original bolts were re zinc plated.
The shock cups were re-chromed, the bodys were powder coated black, as was the rear hub, gear and brake drum.
The wheels were polished and clear ceramic coated.
The engine, deemed to likely be the ORIGINAL engine by Taco Joe and Tom Maloney (tomsprops on the forum) will now be sent to master B&S mechanic Bill Kraft in Indiana for a complete rebuild.
The seat was rebuilt using the original cover.
The tires are the originals, although possibly not the first on this Taco.

To say I am excited about this one would be a huge understatement.

well what ya waiting for get started i wanna see a rolling frame! lol it looks really really good i like the color are those the original rims? there nice

Neck

Growing up is optional
That's gonna be sweet Paul, but you know what they say, you can't have just one Taco. Pretty soon you,ll be changing your name to Taco Paul!

MiniBike Paul

Parts look pretty slick. What process was used on the bolts?
After considering the options we wire wheeled them clean and then had them re-zinc plated. My goal was to use the 1969 bolts but have them look brand new . . . . which they do!

Also; I just read my post and want to add that I have been assisted a lot by tomsprops, who is really Mr. Taco!

As far as final assembly, that will wait as now all the engine parts are going to Indiana to be made perfect by Bill Kraft (ATKRIDER on the forum).

My thread starter post above should have included this; Many thanks to Mr. Taco, Tomsprops, for selling me the perfect starter bike and helping me get it to where it is now!!!!

Last edited:
Looks very sweet. We here in ohio dont see many tacos , so I really dont understand the hype other than being a very clean , bare bones , cool color, lotsa chrome .........well maybe I do understand LOL . I take it Tacos were a west coast bike as the Rupps were in this area. Because like I said I never see them for sale in this area. Either way nice bike...:hammer::hammer::hammer:

That is a very nice start that you have Paul. That looks like it will be show room quality when done. I like the approach you are taking. Its all in the details. Very cool bike.

Looks very sweet. We here in ohio dont see many tacos , so I really dont understand the hype other than being a very clean , bare bones , cool color, lotsa chrome .........well maybe I do understand LOL . I take it Tacos were a west coast bike as the Rupps were in this area. Because like I said I never see them for sale in this area. Either way nice bike...:hammer::hammer::hammer:
A Rupp can never compare to a Taco :hammer: