The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

These next three photos and commentary, shown in chronological order, come from OldMiniBikes member IronHorseman

"This is when the bug bit me. This is the mini-bike my dad rode to work when we lived on the farm. I`m 3 yrs old in this pic. On a side note I`ve told people for years that I went for my first ride and started shooting BB guns at age 4. I was wrong according to the date on this pic I was 3."

Ironhorseman

"This is my`72 Rupp Roadster II. The pic was taken in late summer of `76. I traded that for a `69 Indian 50, sadly I have no pics of it.
I do have oner thing left from that pic, the rebel flag patch on my jacket is now on the front of my Harley.In `72 it was stuck in a birthday card from my cousin Bill that lived in Florida."

man these are awesome vintage pictures. wish i had pics of my buddy when his dad bought home 2 brand new lil indian mini bikes on one hot summer nite in the 60's!! i =ll never forget him riding them past my window after dark when he fired them up. one was a purple chopper and green mini bike. fond memories..

furyus

Most excellent thread, K3.

Some of you have already seen the pics of my brother on his Sprint, but they're repost worthy. This first one is from the summer of '70. That's my brother Chris holding his Sprint while Marcy Harris steps off after a run around our yard. I was eight that summer, and I remember thinking that if girls like Marcy had cooties, well, gimme some.

furyus

I used this picture in the opening post but forgot to include the backround info.....

OldMiniBikes memeber JDEAN

"THIS IS A PIC OF MY MINI BIKE I GOT X-MAS MORN. IM GUESSING IM AROUND 7 YEARS OLD. AND IM 43 NOW. .. IT WAS YELLOW, HAD A MANUAL BRAKE, THAT U PUSHED DOWN WITH YOUR FOOT. HAD A TECUMSEH 5 HP MOTOR. AND HAD CHROME SHOCKES ON THE BACK. NOW MY DAD BOUGHT A LOT OF STUFF FROM SEARS, COULD HAVE COME FROM THERE."

man these are awesome vintage pictures. wish i had pics of my buddy when his dad bought home 2 brand new lil indian mini bikes on one hot summer nite in the 60's!! i =ll never forget him riding them past my window after dark when he fired them up. one was a purple chopper and green mini bike. fond memories..
It is amazing how a childhood event like this, something that probably lasted just a few moments, can have an effect on you for the rest of your life. I have similar memories which I can recall in great detail exactly where I was, who was there etc....people say to me "how can you remember all of that?"

Then there are huge chunks of my life...years, decades.... where I can't recall anything in particualr :shrug:

Mini bikes seem to be one of those things that can conjur up vivid and fond memories 50 years later....:smile: