The Vintage Mini Bike Family Photo Scrapbook

That pic didn’t come from our family album but it could have. We had a Shell station 3 blocks down our street. In the late 60’s, I’d ride my mini bike down and some guy would fill my tank. A whole dimes worth! By the way, My first car was a 66’ Chevelle Super Sport.

That pic didn’t come from our family album but it could have. We had a Shell station 3 blocks down our street. In the late 60’s, I’d ride my mini bike down and some guy would fill my tank. A whole dimes worth! By the way, My first car was a 66’ Chevelle Super Sport.
Yup, that was me, too. With a quarter in my pocket I'd ride through the vacant lot across the street from my house, then down the side of the road one block to the filling station. After gassing up, the change that was left and maybe a few cents more would buy a little bit of cheap candy at the market next door. Because in those days gas stations didn't sell candy, or beer, or Big Gulps. They sold gasoline. I worked at that station when I was in high school, filling cars at about 55¢/gallon. No SS for me, though. After a brief time in a hand-me-down station wagon, my first car was a '68 Mustang convertible.

I74

Used to ride my old Rupp to the Standard station, & fill' er up for around 50 cents.
Remember the guys working there,, used to give me crap about blocking the pump lanes for cars. ''LOL'' !!
I was always a Mopar guy. My first American car was a 70 'cuda.