TheRedlineBoss- Anything Goes build 2016 - Pocketbike Crossbreed

Wow that looks great! Iv had the same bike sitting in the shed for a few years I dont know what to do with. I considered it unfixable. I might have to dig it out now

Thanks guys! Progress is finally starting again, since my brother's project has wrapped up. Went ahead and added a couple of reinforcements to the frame:

And I don't have a picture right now, but I have been reworking the forks. The chrome was shot on the shocks, so I ground it off and painted them gloss black. The shock boots were totally shot and I couldn't find direct replacements, so I modified a couple of ones for a motorcycle:

-Rob

Time for the final push! I lost a lot of time with my brother's Eagle project, but it was worth it. We refurbished 10 bikes & gave each kid a helmet and bike lock. The idea was for us to encourage activity, safety, and responsibility. Here's the finished lineup:

Since that is done and all the bikes have been distributed to kids, I was able to get back to work on the crossbreed. I spent some time smoothing out the frame & priming:

And the swingarm is now painted black:

I don't have much time left, but I'm optimistic that this will be done in time.

-Rob

Thanks for the compliments - I passed them along to my brother and we are both very happy with how that project went. He was involved with delivering all the bikes to their grateful new owners, which was a nice end to that project.

Now, some might have thought the crossbreed was not going to make it (I know I worried about that one). But lo! It's just about finished...

Oh, and it happens to work now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWum9gmymD4

:scooter:

-Rob

Last edited:
Once again, thanks everyone for your kind words! This project has been a lot of fun, particularly since it was my introduction into welding. I was really lucky to have a brother who loved the idea as much as I did & helped a lot.

I'm already thinking of next year's build-off!

-Rob

Wow. That thing is cool. Can't believe that came from a pocket bike. Maybe I should quit just looking those over. This has a really unique cool look to it, great work!