Things to do while you are in quarantine

I am self-quarantined in my shop. While my Ruttman mini project waits patiently (nothing happens fast around here), I've turned my attention to the 1978 Yamaha DT400 dirt bike that I picked up five years ago. I started the engine for the first time since I bought it and now it's getting a deep cleaning and general fix-up, including truing the wheels. I really enjoy building and adjusting wire wheels. All alone in my shop, I'm not breathing anyone else's germs. :D

I installed all new steering parts on my trukk today. Man it drives real nice now.
I am still working for the time being but i bet that changes soon.
I have plenty of mini stuff to work on once that happens.

I am self-quarantined in my shop. While my Ruttman mini project waits patiently (nothing happens fast around here), I've turned my attention to the 1978 Yamaha DT400 dirt bike that I picked up five years ago. I started the engine for the first time since I bought it and now it's getting a deep cleaning and general fix-up, including truing the wheels. I really enjoy building and adjusting wire wheels. All alone in my shop, I'm not breathing anyone else's germs. :D

Nice Shop! Google Spade George. He’s The Master wire wheel builder in San Francisco since the 70’s a True Legend.

45t

I really enjoy building and adjusting wire wheels. All alone in my shop, I'm not breathing anyone else's germs. :D

Tom, I wish we lived closer to each other. I’d see if you could true the front rim of my 1980 Can-Am 250. I’ve asked cycle shops around me about rim truing and they look at me like I don’t know what I’m talking about. I think they only know how to sell new bikes, not how to fix them:mad: