thinking about how to trim down an h70 on a budget, (lots of questions)

The engine you are wanting to build looks like a points engine, If you get a late model H70 engine to build(no points) and get ahold of Batman He just might be able to make the flywheel you are dreaming about and yes I agree with you that your motor with those kind of mods to it will be a formattable powerhouse for sure. Yes The Tecumseh 10hp star rod will work in a H70.

The engine you are wanting to build looks like a points engine, If you get a late model H70 engine to build(no points) and get ahold of Batman He just might be able to make the flywheel you are dreaming about and yes I agree with you that your motor with those kind of mods to it will be a formattable powerhouse for sure. Yes The Tecumseh 10hp star rod will work in a H70.
I’m new to the site. I just picked up an hh70 and I’m in need of some performance parts like a flywheel you’re spoke of and a connecting rod. Can you steer me in the right direction?

Tecumseh made two versions of the HH70 the early version which is like the H50 big block flat head and the late version which is an OHV motor so which one do you have?

I have a star rod but no idea if it fits a h70. Get me dimensions of your stock rod. Center to center and big/small end diameter.
Rod exploded so won’t be able to get you a measurement. Looked for specs online with no luck. May have to buy one off eBay to get a measurement if I have to go that route. Was star an aftermarket performance company?

No it was the tecumseh motorsports division. It was headed up by Jeff Clements and developed racing kart engines based on the h50 and the star based on the 10 hp flathead. Later on they started developing the ohv engines then folded their tents.

No it was the tecumseh motorsports division. It was headed up by Jeff Clements and developed racing kart engines based on the h50 and the star based on the 10 hp flathead. Later on they started developing the ohv engines then folded their tents.
My piston pin is .625 and crank journal is 1.185 length is not known