Thinning the heard

Have a few projects i want to get to this winter. Thought id put up some projects/bikes to help fund them.

Vt2 frame- one fender is original the other is not. I dont have another to refer to but i dont think the wheels are original. 150$

Herters frame- nice strait frame. Fiberglass fender has some cracks. Dont know if the headlight will work. 150$

Sears puddle jumper- strait frame, non original wheels & scrub brake. Motor runs, price doesnt reflect engine. I dont care if i keep it or not but if its getting shipped i wont ship it. 250$

Fox- runs great, stops great. Nice riding bike. 200$

Rupp- runs great, stops fine. If someone is interested i can take more pics, just using what i have at the moment on my phone. 400$

Prefer local pick ups, dont have too much experience shipping

Thanks OldMiniBikes!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Shipping isn't a problem actually. Usually the buyer will set that up and pay for it. U-Ship.com is a good place for that.
Can cost $100-$300 depending on how far away you are.
I've used them buying and selling both with good results.
Danford1

Thanks for the advice! Ive heard of u-ship but have never used them. Ive shipped 1 frame, was a great experience with a fellow OldMiniBikes member. It just took some work tearing down a frame, let alone a running bike. I have to be in the right mindset to attempt shipping a running bike, thats all.

U-ship you'd still have to tear the bike down? Prep the motor too? U-ship is all new to me

chrisr

U-Ship will pick up complete bikes, some like to have the gas and oil drained others didn't seem to care - better to clarify before they show to pick up the bike.

U-Ship is up and down on price, it just depends of if you get lucky and get the right bid. For me Fastenal is the best bet. I just got an old ATX70 shipped for $140. It has to be put on a pallet by who you buy it from but you can't beat the price.

U-Ship is up and down on price, it just depends of if you get lucky and get the right bid. For me Fastenal is the best bet. I just got an old ATX70 shipped for $140. It has to be put on a pallet by who you buy it from but you can't beat the price.
That’s a great price, where did you ship it to/from? Just strap the entire bike down to the pallet?

That’s a great price, where did you ship it to/from? Just strap the entire bike down to the pallet?
My Tote Gote came from LA to Michigan on Fastenal for $150. I've used then many times, always satisfied.. Just Can't be in a hurry... took 3 weeks for the Gote... A Snow blower attachment I bought this time last year from Indiana to Michigan took about a week... for the savings...well worth it.

Thanks for the information! One more question, would that be something I can put on a pallet at work and drive to a fastenel to drop off? This is all new to me, thanks for info/help smudvapor and studeman

Thanks for the information! One more question, would that be something I can put on a pallet at work and drive to a fastenel to drop off? This is all new to me, thanks for info/help smudvapor and studeman
Yep.. That will work perfect...Just make sure to use their 3PL logistics website to set up the shipping first.. takes a day to get the quote and lock it in.. They will notify both stores involved and give you the needed paperwork to present when you drop off.. They will take you through it step by step.. no worries...

Yep.. That will work perfect...Just make sure to use their 3PL logistics website to set up the shipping first.. takes a day to get the quote and lock it in.. They will notify both stores involved and give you the needed paperwork to present when you drop off.. They will take you through it step by step.. no worries...
Awesome! Thanks for the help, I never really knew what fastenel or uship entailed. Only way I shipped a roller was completely taking it apart and boxing it up for ups