this is my critter's

like I was saying I know turtle doctoring , pigeon battlefield doctoring and even how to build a big block chevy. but computer fourm posting pic and anything to do with small engine's clueless. in some order of the in the pic's pistol "pete" telling me to ask about a seat for him to ride. belle pointing they went that way and cloe bug waking up from a nap and wondering if we have any crickets left. flash the 5lb 4yr old turtle wanting to see the menu for dinner and pistol "pete" crib with Winnie the pooh blanket covering his heating pad so his feet don't get to hot along with his mirror so he can admire him self along with a slide rule so he can keep tabs on me feeding him. hope you like my critter and be kind to critters they all have a heart and a personality. and this is not all he the house people drop off animals as I say "it just one more bowel of food" they are all gods critters.

Last edited:
nice family of critters...the box turtle does lok like you woke him up...:lol:

has that pigeon become domesticated...will he let you hold him???

he love my wife he does his fan dance when she talks sweet to him he is a ladies man and yes he will let you hold him but he likes to sit on the back of the chair while I am on the computer and watch he is cool he is messing like most birds but there are a lot of myths about them being dirty but which isn't true he like a clean cage and takes two baths a day we even put warm water in his bath tub and he will sit and soak his troubles away lolol I tell him to get a job like carrier service but he cant drive and cant fly lolol they were and still use in the military for message caring when I was in the Corp they had a special unit that took care of the pigeon's and used them. maybe that why I don't mind him "I just learned something about myself" huh.

there's an old timer lives by me has carrier pigeons or racing pigeons...but he has them in old wooden cages stacked up in the backyard not inside his house watching TV, dancing, and taking warm baths...:lol:

bandit 40

My neighbor was raising pigeons there for a while he also says they are very clean in that way accept they are tumbler pigeons and they dont fly:laugh: ....they tumble :confused:

huh I don't know what a tumbler is maybe pete could get a job working for him :laugh: but he has been with us for four going on five years and they live 20 plus so my son will have all these when im gone I told him he better start watching us feed them. but he is the one that found two of the turtle's one while we were fishing and he says his cloe while we were looking at some land to buy. cloe walks around the house but mostly stays in my son's room she like to watch him while he is doing stuff, now this is a true story one night while he was off from school it was really late I got up I heard him talking and I went to see and he was building something and she was right there with him like they were talking about the plans and it was a house from those hobby sticks and he would glue one and she would check his work. I didn't let him know I was watching him and the next day she had a house. painted and trimmed I know this don't have anything to do with mini bike's but it is the reason I bug everybody because" im losing my marble's with all this talking to turtle's" nah I just wanted to do right by my son and maybe find the kid in me. and make some friends along the way. I know every man wants to be that tuff guy and do all that man stuff but I want to have fun with these builds the hotrod stuff got to be a life style and a money pit. I just want to use my little shop behind my house and not have to put the frame on the lift and move this car so I can get into the race car shop and all that junk. and yeah most people say man are you crazy no just burnt out and want something me and my son can do together. GO BACK TO THE BASIC'S :hammer:

buckeye

Awsome. You meed to get on over here. I'll do my best to help ya get that going. I'll send ya back with more than you came with!!:thumbsup:

when i was 12 i found a real small turtle like probilly the size of to quarters long. took him back to my house and put hime in a 12in by 36in long glass fish cage with dirt bottom and a reall nice lide with screen wire in it. i kept the thing for probilly 2 years and made shure he had plenty to eat/drink but he never got any bigger for some reason :shrug: . i feed him worms,lettuce,crickets, and other bugs and he would eat the heck out of them. during the winter time he hibernated under the dirt and once i realized that i put more dirt in so he could have more room. then one day my dad found another one the same size. then one day i was riding my go kart in the yard and seen my dod had something in its mouth. i made her spit it out because i could tell it was one. then i went up to see(kept them out side the house) and the screen had been tore and my damn cat did it and got the turtle out and i guess didn't kill it but when my dog saw it i guess she killed it. i was more shocked and mad i think i even kicked the hell out of both off them i liked the turtles so much. so i fixed the screen on it (i guess i should have used wire screen not plastic) and made sure my cat couldn't kill the other one but the other one made it to the next winter and it never woke up and got out of the dirt. i think it was way into spring by then when i said something aint right and dug him up. now by then i was kinda saddened by it and i still feel it was my own fualt i probilly did nothing right taking care of them but it was something bout them when i was that age because i found the one and took care of it for years.

well im going to come over there I really am looking forward to getting this started and I know all this turtle stuff is really about mini bike and say im sorry up front to anybody that is p/o about me posting it but just though I would share with a good group of people

There was some TOTAL IDIOT on the tv show "fred troast" the deer layer :glare:

And he was supposedly a turtle EXPERT that said

"turtles can't open their mouth under water"

And I wanted to go find him and tell him, see this baby snatching turtle in my tank? why don't ya reach in there and tickle his nose..He likes that.. :laugh:

dumb mother :censure: How do ya think they catch FISH and stuff?? :facepalm: BITE PEOPLES TOES OFF!!!!

Well he can test his theory on my 4lb turtle called flash he will can his mind and the only thing slow about a turtle is when they walk. They will pop their pray like a cobra.

toomanytoys

Well he can test his theory on my 4lb turtle called flash he will can his mind and the only thing slow about a turtle is when they walk. They will pop their pray like a cobra.
Turtles can spin. Don't go to grab a snapping turtles tail and think twice...once was his tail in front of you is now is mouth....Bastard turtles.

I'm came across one crossing the road one day and he done that type of move on me , I broke and ran like he was chasing me :laugh: so I just left him alone:facepalm:

hahaha...you're right.

I got my picture in the paper when I was about 11 or 12 holding a "giant" snapping turtle I had found in the local pond. Someone had to put it in there.....my friends and I fished that pond everyday for years and knew every critter that lived there.
At least I thought it was a "giant"....sometime around 1985 I was walking my dog down by the river and found a monster of a snapping turtle....it was almost 100 yards away from the river :confused: and it was an ornery sob :eek:hmy:....it was right after a big storm and the land was flooded which may have confused it...I had to keep my dog away so it wouldn't take his nose off. At the time I was driving an El-Camino....I drove it around and got this thing into the back...it barely fit between the wheel wells...I brought it into EXXON to show the guys....it was snapping off the end of a broom handle like it was a toothpick.....I only kept him a few hours and brought him back to the river.

That was the biggest snapping turtle I've ever seen in person....he could have took your hand off.

Last edited: