This is why you use billet rods

Davis

Did this have a aftermarket cam/springs? if so why on earth would anyone use a stock rod? I wouldn't see a problem takin a stock rod to short 5k rpm blasts but sustained rpm over that wouldn't be on my to do list.
None of the above. And I highly doubt anyone doing this stuff has bought a tach to even know if their already half assing already.

Harquebus

Do you have pics of the crankshaft-to-conrod journal?
Oil starvation and high friction can also snap a rod in short order.

Ahh yes, with the help of gravity (a hill) the engine can rev faster than it ever could in its own (with just fuel, spark and compression).

The question is was any mods done to the rod and crank pin to sustain the rpm? The Gx200 with a oem rod with the proper mods will run 6500 rpm without issue making around 13.5 hp. My current UT2 GX160 with proper mods turns 7500 rpm making about the same as the GX200. I do this with mine only to see how far i can go on the cheap, and yes ive found how far i can go but not for long. Usually the journal starts loading up with rod and you can feel it when it does.

Billet rods and flywheels are so readily available and cheap nowadays there’s really no reason not to use them.
Harbor freight motors are cheap, little more money have a bulletproof engine.
Those of us with vintage Tecumsehs don’t have the flywheel luxury unfortunately. Billet rod is going strong though
So feel lucky that billet flywheels are even available for your engine.
If I could get a billet Tec flywheel for an Hs50, I would install one on every engine I own.
IMHO, ymmv, etc

Davis

The question is was any mods done to the rod and crank pin to sustain the rpm? The Gx200 with a oem rod with the proper mods will run 6500 rpm without issue making around 13.5 hp. My current UT2 GX160 with proper mods turns 7500 rpm making about the same as the GX200. I do this with mine only to see how far i can go on the cheap, and yes ive found how far i can go but not for long. Usually the journal starts loading up with rod and you can feel it when it does.
Well this one didn’t. You are pressing your luck.

Harquebus

Well, the billet rod is not a fail safe, bulletproof fix. Those can and do let go as well, they just provide a higher margin of safety.

Would be neat to see a forged steel connecting rod provided for these clones but that would be a high dollar item, wouldn't it?