This one won't rust

WLB

My son's been talking about doing this for several years and last month he finally ordered the fiberglass Jeep tub. We picked it up yesterday at the ABF trucking docks. Its the extra heavy duty model from Shell Valley. Besides the normal kevlar reinforcements at stress points it has an extra complete layer of kevlar.

This will not be built as a Jeep. It will have a custom 2 wheel drive frame with wheelbase around 108 inches and from his drawings it will look like a large more practical Lotus Super 7. He chose the Jeep tub as the basis of his car because he can easily add a fiberglass top for all weather driving.

WLB

He still hasn't decided on a drive train. Right now it looks like either 305 Chevy V8 or 4.3 Chevy V6 with 4 speed automatic. He didn't want a big engine because this will be a three season driver and he would like to get 30 miles per gallon. What ever the engine turns out to be it will have throttle body fuel injection with fuel map and ignition controlled by his own program. Transmission will also be controlled by his own program. He got a computer Friday that will fit in the palm of my hand. It will monitor all engine functions and speed and display data on a screen. There won't be any gauges. He has already written some of the program and demonstrated today on the TV how it will work.

I hope he sticks with it and gets it done before I die of old age. :laugh:

check iron duke 4cyl 151,it has the big bolt circle,we could get all kinds of hypo parts for it,cause its half of a small block chevy.mine was in a 1980 monza

WLB

Tom, I'll see if he has a digital drawing. The one I saw years ago was a sketch.

Timmmmaahh, I had a highly modified 151 in my Monza oval track car. We have a GM 181 four cylinder that he could use also. That is similar to the 151 but longer stroke and MUCH stronger crank.

I dont know how to do priv post,i have a rebuilt 80 151 complete but no head i think i have everything else,i would be interested in donating to the project.its on a shelf in my garage.im old when i die my wife will scrap everything anyway.tell me how to do priv and ill give phone# if your interested

WLB

Thank you very much for the generous offer Timmmaahh. I appreciate it but my son has ruled out anything smaller than the 4.3 V6. My wife won't have anything to scrap when I die because my son is a bigger pack rat than I am:laugh::laugh::laugh:

you maynot believe this but i have a 96 blazer 4.3 that ran well until the gas lines leaked,son pulled tank out,said its too rusty to fix,i put a new spider injection on it before it went to his house,egr valve.its worth 300 scrap here in mi i hate to scrap it ,it ran so well.i was in fla for a week and half,sorry for no answer.the 151 was built by mccoy racing engines,kurt mccoy.i cant find paperwork but it was mean.he built it for a girlfriend he had that loved her sunbird,so he built the engine for her,and she said you cheap a-- i want a new car,so this engine was the end of that relationship.im down to 16 cars and 3 garages of stuff

WLB

The Cobra, Lotus 7, and Fiat Abarth were my favorites when I was young. Never owned a Cobra or 7 but did have a Fiat Abarth. The Abarth was a babe magnet and super fun to drive in West Virginia mountains but not too reliable.