This section is for US vintage mini's

Please do not post questions about parts for sale parts wanted repairs.
There are sections specifically for these types of questions located else wheres on this forum please take the time to familiarize yourself with these areas.:shrug::hammer:
Thank you

capguncowboy

I have a 1965 Fox Campus minibike. It's complete, including the original factory shipping pallet! I live in SW Florida and don't know whether to sell it or restore it. Which Forum thread should start using/reading/replying?
Thank you!
Post it in Strictly US Vintage. There are Fox guys there that are waiting to drool over your bike

ok were US and vintage. Twin h60s, two speed, elec start, LED lighting, Lithium powered, USB port for GPS speedo, twin tachs. Stretched the frame 10", designed and built it 2006, shelved it until 2020 when it came back with many mods. Now its my main street bike. Engines run independently, only the clutch drums are chained together, and throttles of course. It will run on a single engine also should one stall, but you can hit the key and it will crank up the stalled engine while you're still riding. Never happens though.
2 engines, 2 jackshafts, 2 speed, 3 clutches, 5 chains. and a license to fly. 124670676_2796512183920966_4198296526679792530_n.jpg 124809229_2796511607254357_325973533416430456_n (2).jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
1963 Simplex Compact. All orig except kick starter was an option and may have been added later, looked a little cleaner. orig carb in a box, needs kit. other than that, she is all 1963. Still has the Harley dealership sticker on the back fender. Runs excellent with the original Continental Red Seal engine that most of them lack. Single wire tail/brake light works via a resistor pack that changes voltage to it to control brightness. Ingenious. Parking brake lever engages rear sprocket. last pic.

Attachments

Found this on Craigslist. 1972 Roadster II. Its been unmolested, garaged for decades. No rust. a 70 mile drive and it was in my possession. Rebuilt the carb and off she went. I dont do the big wheel thing, but its worth saving as a whole. I dont part out bikes, but this would be a good one. Lighted hs40 brings a ton these days.

Attachments

1969 Roadster, street legal with upgrades. Imagine that. 30hp 6 spd. 78mph. I built the sw arm 3" over i think. j shaft over driven almost 1 : 2 so as to compensate for 6" wheels. Ceramic bearings everywhere. 3 on j shaft, 3 in rear hub @ $50 ea. Ohlins damper keeps it straight when I'm not. First two pics are 2021. Last pic is 2006 when i built it. I may actually wash it this year.

Attachments

1969 Roadster full custom. Rare to find Tecumseh h50 Motorsports engine from kart racing days. Bearing crank, billet rod, special valves, head, cam. I used HSK50 lighting coil and flywheel to feed my lithium battery, so rarely do i connect a charger to it. LED lights, recessed kill and horn buttons with wiring inside handlebars. Street legal so its geared long for top end. I designed a primary chain tensioner so sliding the engine around is not needed. I burn the city up with this bike.

Attachments

Built from scratch 1968 TT-500. all custom including a billet rod, ported, copper hd gasketed h70, Dellorto mb22a, new Max Torque 2 speed and cables from BW, honda brake light switch [because they don't fail] LEDs at both ends for vision and traffic safety in the city, 1" stretch swingarm of my own design for stability, crappy chrome rear shocks until new ones arrive, aftermarket tires so i dont burn up my Jumbo Jr on the street, triple plated chrome, correct Rupp color PPG calls Panama blue although some may call it Nassau blue, heavy front coils for adult hard braking in traffic.
You know if you ride a MINIBIKE as a registered motorcycle, you SOON realize you need more brakes, more power, and more lighting. i have all that. Been street riding minibikes legally since 2002.

Attachments

1970 K&S Hornet. converted to drum brake, McCulloch mc49-c, Azusa tank, fenders lowered. J shaft added. Has 1" tubing. someone cut the handlebar ends off and attempted to weld a 7/8" handles on it. WTF! So i replaced the top half of the bars and bought 1" controls for it.

Attachments

Last edited:

copyman

Got the hilltopper cleaned up and out to a bike show and took home a first and second place trophies. Theirs not a lot of talk about the heathkit hilltopper. Man it's the coolest old bike I've owned in years. We're they not really popular. And are their more hilltop owners in here lol. Thanks lots to read
I think they are one the best "Old" "Adult size" bike! I have 2 of them. One is 100% correct / original down to the nuts & bolts. The other Hilltopper (avatar pic) is 85%.

You are right they are very rare and not seen or talked about much. I searched for over a year for one part (white kill switch with gray wire) and 1.5 yrs for the original Sebac shocks. It's like striking gold when you finally find that one oddball part:)

Last edited: