Thoughts From The Experts: Tecumseh H35 Power Sport - What To Do With It?

Took this off my 2001 Murray Track 2 and replacing with the cliche Predator 212 Hemi. Engine tag says "DOM 1095 W," so I'm assuming it was built in either 1995 or 2001.

That said, what are y'all's thoughts on what I should do with it? She's not running to well, but I'm assuming it's likely just a carb-cleaning/tune-up/sparky replacement situation. Thought I might sell it, but not sure what it would be worth in it's current condition. Or should I keep it?

Anyway, just looking for opinions here. I sure appreciate any input.

Thanks, y'all!

Murray Track 2 Tecumseh H35 1.jpg Murray Track 2 Tecumseh H35 2.jpg Murray Track 2 Tecumseh H35 3.jpg

I would check the compression and go from there.
We have a same era H40 and an older HS50 that I’ll be rebuilding this winter. Plus two Briggs 2hp that need attention.
I would work on it, they sound good, and you can learn a lot.
Your bike is a fine machine, run the Predator till you get the flat head running.
Just what I would do.

I have an H35 similar vintage. I plan on getting it running. It ran years ago but not too well.
It’s a non points engine, the only Tecumseh in the fleet that is non points lol.
I’ll prob put it on a small frame and give it to my cousin’s kid.

Thanks, guys!

From what I've gathered, there seems to be a "desire" for, or a "market" for these engines. I WOULD like to get it running, but I have too many projects in front of me to even think about this. I suppose I'll set 'er on a garage shelf and let it collect more dust for some day in the future. I definitely enjoy working on engines, and this one is not one that "scares" me. It would be relatively easy and I wouldn't necessarily give two cob-corns if I fuggdittup.

Just out of curiosity, how much "hot-rodding" can be done to this engine? I don't need to blister myself in the wind on a mini bike, but I do want something that's not going to bore me, hence the replacement with the 212. I wonder if I could somehow put it in an electric "Razor" scooter that belonged to my niece. Now THAT would be cool!

I would check the compression and go from there.
We have a same era H40 and an older HS50 that I’ll be rebuilding this winter. Plus two Briggs 2hp that need attention.
I would work on it, they sound good, and you can learn a lot.
Your bike is a fine machine, run the Predator till you get the flat head running.
Just what I would do.
Oops, you requested thoughts from the experts, please disregard my post.
Nice boat

Hahaha! Y'all are too funny! In hatred of hi-jacking my own post, you had to mention the boat...

That's my 1979 MasterCraft "Stars & Stripes" (that's the model name) that I restored back in 2015. Her name is the "Yonder Wildebeest," which was one of the many nick-names bestowed upon me by my beloved brother, who passed away on Valentine's Day of that year (2015). Long story for another time. But thanks, amigo! 351 Windsor V8. What a beast... BEEST!

The first and third photos are on Lake Austin, and the middle one is on Lake Travis (both in Austin).
Yonder Wildebeest.png Yonder Wildebeest 1.jpg Yonder Wildebeest 3.jpg

Itype2slo

Not a expert either, Carb clean & new plug works wonders. Keep the powersport it goes with the murray. In the meantime throw a clone on it and it will fly. Good luck