Throttle cable for vintage O.G.K throttle setup?

So I bought a throttle set for my Sears Mini bike. I found an NOS 1970's era O.G.K throttle set for old school mini bikes with a 1" handlebar. The problem is, I cannot seem to find a compatible cable for it. I tried a cable for a motorized bicycle. the adjuster on the end was too big in diameter to screw in. Same for one from a Coleman mini bike. I can remove the end from the coleman cable,(which would attach from the side on the coleman throttle) but I would need to get a new "J" shaped cable adjuster and tensioner (or whatever you call that metal piece on the end). The cable goes in from the bottom.

I cant seem to find a cable that will work. Any suggestions?
20220927_181537_HDR.jpg

Those nuts attached? They’re not supposed to be….some older set ups have a ferrel that just pushes up into that hole….all this is just a pure guess, I don’t know what I’m talking about…but I’d say that is customized….

as far as ends go that’s what files and sandpaper are for….again just an observation….I’m dumb…

Its not the best picture, the throttle cable goes in a hole on the other side of that nut. there is a threaded brass ferrule as well. the nut is holding a spring.
This is a stock image, but it is accurate to my setup. s-l500-1.jpg

Last edited:
I took the metal threaded adjuster off my coleman cable, and ran it up there, but the throttle was almost impossible to turn, and had no return. Its as if there isnt enough tension on the cable that way to keep it in the groove of the inner twist throttle . On miniikes I have seen with similar throttle setups, the brass ferrule was replaced, and the cable had the "J" shaped adjuster .

Triley41395

I took the metal threaded adjuster off my coleman cable, and ran it up there, but the throttle was almost impossible to turn, and had no return. Its as if there isnt enough tension on the cable that way to keep it in the groove of the inner twist throttle . On miniikes I have seen with similar throttle setups, the brass ferrule was replaced, and the cable had the "J" shaped adjuster .
Just a guess, but is this the type of cable you are looking for?
http://blackwidowmotorsports.net/_17717_throttle_cable_blackwidow.html