Throttle cable linkage B&S 3.5 94202

ennui

So I just picked up a minibike with the B&S 3.5 hp 94202 engine, it looks like they had carb issues and traded it out, the block is black and cab/tank is goldish. I have no clue how the linkage works or even if it has the correct parts. Maybe someone who knows more than I can have a little looksy at the pics and decipher it for me. Is there a kit you can recommend? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Attachments

Motra

The governor linkage is gone. The only thing you have there is the throttle butterfly that somebody's added a return spring to. You're right about the carb and tank, it's from a different engine. It looks like an old 5HP setup. Also, looking at the pictures it looks like the bottom carb mounting bolt is way too long and the carb to tank screws are loose. Unlikely that it would run this way.

A Raptor throttle kit would probably work for you if it'll run ok with that carb.

ennui

Thanks for the reply, the bolts are loose. The raptor kit from OldMiniBikes supply is cheap enough I'll try that. If not I'll either go with a new intake manifold and carb. Or see if I can stuff a predator engine in it.