Throttle lever & Vent filter ?

I have 2 quick questions.

First, is my predator engine gonna be fine without the linkage lever? By fine I mean is it going to stop me from making future mods? I took my bike to a shop for help connecting the throttle and when I got it back the lever was no longer there but the throttle is responsive, although I haven't test driven the bike at all yet. I've never heard of this being necessary when setting up a throttle cable and I'm only concerned that I've been robbed of something vital to my engine.

My next question is how do I install the vent filters that came with my air filter kit from GoPowerSports? I have a Non-Hemi California Predator 212, most likely a newer model since I purchased it in 2019 (I was still able to re-jet my carburetor). My gas tank tube seems to be threaded through the tank on one side and my valve cover has a hole on the side of it instead of a port. I still have the stock air filter at hand as well as the tubes that popped off with it.

I attached a picture trying to get everything I've explained into it.

Attachments

T-Town Mini

It looks like they bypassed the governor and set you up with a direct throttle connection. If you intend on keeping it that way you'll likely want to install a billet connecting rod and flywheel as well as heavier valve springs. The only thing you've been robbed from is the protection from the governor. If you ride it in it's current condition keep the revs down as it can be dangerous to operate going full throttle.

The gas tank vent looks like it might be kinked or squeezed a bit but, it'll operate as long as air can pass through it. I'm not sure why they'd run the tubing that way. I'd trim off the excess tubing and install a small filter on the end to tidy it up. Just make sure the vent is operational.

As for the valve cover vent...maybe reinstall the original vent tube it came with and put a breather filter on it. If you're going to be racing it or running with the suggested mods to run higher revs you might want to install a catch can to prevent oil spillage. At any rate, don't leave it open and exposed like that or dirt/water will find its way in the engine.

Also, check out the Engines section of the forum for more help and advice on how to improve your Predator. Now, I see you also posted the same questions there. Hopefully, you'll get the needed expert advice there on how to proceed safely. Good luck.

It looks like they bypassed the governor and set you up with a direct throttle connection. If you intend on keeping it that way you'll likely want to install a billet connecting rod and flywheel as well as heavier valve springs. The only thing you've been robbed from is the protection from the governor. If you ride it in it's current condition keep the revs down as it can be dangerous to operate going full throttle.

The gas tank vent looks like it might be kinked or squeezed a bit but, it'll operate as long as air can pass through it. I'm not sure why they'd run the tubing that way. I'd trim off the excess tubing and install a small filter on the end to tidy it up. Just make sure the vent is operational.

As for the valve cover vent...maybe reinstall the original vent tube it came with and put a breather filter on it. If you're going to be racing it or running with the suggested mods to run higher revs you might want to install a catch can to prevent oil spillage. At any rate, don't leave it open and exposed like that or dirt/water will find its way in the engine.

Also, check out the Engines section of the forum for more help and advice on how to improve your Predator. Now, I see you also posted the same questions there. Hopefully, you'll get the needed expert advice there on how to proceed safely. Good luck.
So I shoved some of that tubing down that valve cover hole and zip tied a breather at the end of it, since I'm not sure how it was connected before I snatched the stock filter off. I'm use to the valve cover having some type of 'lip' for the hose to go over but I guess that's just on the hemi engines. I'm hoping my actions dont interfere with anything going on underneath that cover?
As for the gas tank filter, I cut that tubing down and slapped the other breather on there. I'm not sure why they stuck it through the tank like that, but I'm obviously no expert. That's how it was out of the box btw.
Now as for the throttle, I noticed there's a spring sharing the same hole that they put the cable through, and that spring is also underneath a bolt at the front of the engine now. Is it safe this way? I really dont wanna lose my legs riding this thing, I'm not done with them yet.
My next upgrade will definately be that flywheel, rod, and valve springs. I'm gonna attach some pictures to this message to show what's going on so far, let me know if I'm screwing up? Thanks in advance

-Ray

Attachments