thunder bolt

delray

david wolf
I have personally seen this bike in action and it rips . It throws rooster tails of mud for miles it seems . Keep up the good work Brian .
hey david,at home on my property i can nail the gas has hard as i can without lifting the front to badly on dry grass and it will tear up first couple yards or so of grass right down to the dirt. not really a minibike anymore. kind of a poor mans motorcross bike with a torque converter setup.......:laugh:
need a helmet!
thanks again david on the pm's i didn't have to do anything twice on the engine.......:thumbsup:
ps.. still working on a possible of a low budget bolt on aluminum flywheel for honda's and honda clone style engines. big IF still?

fistfullabar

Hey delray i got one of these now also. Was wondering if any one knows about the stock belt drive? I feel it maybe missing a bushing that the belt rides on? I still have not started or had the motorsports engine looked at yet:)doah:) so can give any info yet. Hope to do a whold thread on it unless you do it first!!! Thanks.

That Model thunderbolt was my very first bike, I was 11. had an ad in paper for fixin small engines etc,, I did a few service calls on it, and go to the parts store. Had the HS50, slanted intake. Went very fast down the road. great bike!

owend
hey, your more then welcome to copy my design. no patent on this ....:laugh:
with all the clone engines built,kind of surprise that no one has ever built a intake that comes across top of the motor like mine does...:shrug:
only thing i ever seen is a small invert over the outside of the recoil area.
glad it work good for my project. i like the fact too it fills in that empty space above the engine and below the tank area. otherwise it doesn't look so great with a clone on that type of frame setup. just a big empty space....
Delray

Curious to hear if you had to reset the carb for that 6.5 or did you Mikuni come with jets that work. I would be interested in hearing what size pilot & main you are running.

Thanks!

delray

right now that engine is on a drag minibike that i am going to run 125ft on clay. i had couple things change over the winter. so i really can't say what jets i have in it now until i get a fuel pump on it. i will probably won't touch it until i get back from windber.
right now i am trying to build a OHH-tecumseh that i want to install on the fox thunder bolt. bike is starting become a test bike for all my engines that i build......:laugh:

delray

ok guys, some of you having been waiting for me to post pictures of the OHH-tecumseh on my fox thunder bolt. sorry for the delay. it as been a very busy week for me.
here you go..........

i will also try to post a new project build tecumseh-ohh thread under tecumseh engines. this way it will make it easyer for people
find it. there was some things that i found out about this engine that nobody has ever posted and some of my modications i did to it.
then again who wants a tecumseh......:laugh:

fistfullabar

ok guys, some of you having been waiting for me to post pictures of the OHH-tecumseh on my fox thunder bolt. sorry for the delay.

i will also try to post a new project build tecumseh-ohh thread under tecumseh engines. this way it will make it easyer for people
find it. there was some things that i found out about this engine that nobody has ever posted and some of my modications i did to it.
then again who wants a tecumseh......:laugh:
Once again MASTERPIECE!!! Looks factory! Thank you for the view and advice.

I need to clean up the rims on mine. If they don't clean up well then I will paint them or maybe powder coat them. What about the motor plate did you reweld it around the edge? Is that enough or should I add a plate on top?

delray

you should be ok with the stock motor mount. if there is any cracks then go ahead and reweld them. power coating your rims might be the way to go randy. does your local power coating have a chrome finish and if so does it look good?

MB165

that intake may have a ram effect, helping with additional power.
does it load up at slow speed? just curious, did happen to measure the volume of the manifold versus the engine displacement?