Tillotson carb tuning

I have heard alot of stuff about tilly carbs that if you dont know what you are doing tuning wise you shouldnt mess with them. Is it trully that hard to tune the carb? I was thinking of using a 360 gas tillotson for my 5 hp briggs that will have a 233-ss dyno cam. Is there any tricks to this? Can a person do it or do I need someone that has tons of expericence with them?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The tillotson is more of a race only carb. It acts totally different from most carbs people ran before. By people not knowing this, they usually can't understand it.

It's best to have experience. If you don't you will be asking tons of questions, and you will have to wait on them to be answered. I can tell you everything about a tillotson carb. But my cell phone bill is already high, LOL

Call me anytime.

BTW the HL360 carb is a bit on the large side for only a 233ss cam. I thought you was getting a 107ss?

Hey MDB, Thanks, Yeah I know we said a 107-ss But the money limit is already pretty low. the 107-ss was going to run $133.00 little much for a cam. LOL

But still deciding. More to come.
Question though what would be a good carb to run? Didnt you say the animal carb?