Tim Coughlin trinik7597 & Briggs Animal MIA

Itype2slo

Timely fashion is out the window. Time to call and show the cards. Long time to have a roller sitting without a motor. I'm hoping for smooth resolution from this point.

I have had dealings with both Tim and Derek and found them both to be standup guys IMHO.
Have more experience with Tim but honestly this seems more like a communication issue than a thievery issue.
From my dealings I doubt Tim is a thief and I doubt Derek is a liar.
Hope you guys get things worked out

65ShelbyClone

I want to preface this by saying that I don't know either party involved. The following is my opinion based solely on the information presented in this thread.

Fast forward to March of 2018. .....(shortened for shortness-65SC) Tim eventually arrives....we unload the bikes and then he tells me something like "I didn't bring your engine as I really want to tune it in myself" and assured me it would be done soon and will be shipped shortly....and I really wanted to belive him. He texts me later when he gets home and wants money for gas....understandable as it was quite a drive for him...$80 sent.
Someone in the build thread joked about being sold your engine. I'm inclined to think that your engine really was sold to someone else.

Wouldn't that meeting have been a prime opportunity to deliver? You even paid for his gas, which was IMO implicitly extorted(might sour relations if you don't pay, right?). He knew you wanted it and knew you'd ask about it, but still didn't bring it. He couldn't be bothered to tune it for two years at that point, so why keep it and risk more fallout on the weak pretense that the near future would be different? Why keep using the worn-out excuse "yeah, I'll have time next week" month-after-month?

Because there's no engine. It's gone.

I bet Tim makes good on this regardless. Only those two know the whole story right?
Seems to me this could have been easily rectified today at the Long Island show. I’ve never had a problem with Tim, but it’s time to make good. No way he would wait three years for an engine...‍♂️

pomfish

40 days + 3 Years.

But hey, that's just "Your side of the story" :)
You paid for something and never got it, what other side of the story can there be?
The guy is vanished along with your engine.

for the record, don't know him, what I do know is he ;
NEEDS TO SEND THE EFFING ENGINE.

Rant off