Time to put it away.

Winter is setting in up here in Upstate NY. The old Montgomery Wards 3 1/2hp mini-bike is used to run to the end of the road,where the mailbox is.

I could just keep it inside so that it starts easily. But the snow,ice...and that metal flap (brake?) that pushes against the rear tire... Not a good mix,imho.

My neighbors don't need to be entertained any more than they have to be. Flipped right over a few months ago. Had a few too many...got brave...went WOT from the road onto the grass and found a rut. Yeah,I had an audience.
I had a few grass stains and a twisted ankle. But the bike kept running and had no damage at all. "Uhh..Yeah.. I meant to do that!" Every time I fire it up,they peek from behind their curtains for a NASCAR style crash.

I found this bike in the roadside trash in the city of Albany,NY. Usually I don't trash-pick,but I saw a wheel and a small front end! Never had a minibike before,so in my trunk it went.
The chain was off,the air cleaner was gone,no throttle,flat tires,varnished gas...etc. It then sat in my shed for 12yrs.

For the last 6-7yrs it has been a fully repaired (mechanically) bike with a shaved head and runs on 100LL AvGas.

Sometimes I take it to this long,Dead End road and see just how fast it will go. It seems like there is no governor on it. Old iron revving.

Looks like I'll have to find a different way to get to the mailbox this winter.

Have a nice Christmas,or whatever Holiday you celebrate. Have a great one. Lets all have a Safe and Happy New Year,too!

Steve from Albany,NY.
19?? MW Minibike.
1987 Buick Grand National.
1967 Harley,custom hardtail.
1997 Melex golf cart with a Briggs.
...and a bunch of other stuff and daily drivers.