Timmy's Terrible Taco Tecumseh Two Stroke

This is a Tecumseh HSK 850 5 hp, 2 cycle snowblower engine. I'm installing it in my Monster Frijole just to be different. The crank has a 1" end on it-so I put on an 18t #35 sprocket going to a jackshaft.
Tilting the whole thing 45 degrees makes it fit better in this frame without changing the tilted mount plate.
A new intake manifold will be fabricated so the stock carb will work.
And an expansion chamber-style exhaust will have to be made as well-going out the bottom.
This is going to be a fun build-and hopefully it will really move!
The mount will enable my feet to clear the sprocket,I hope.....

I like to use the Tec 2-strokes too, mine are all 2 and 3hp, all from Toro snowblowers. That 5hp should really move out if geared properly.

Nice unique mill for the Frijole...

Timmy's Terrible Taco Tecumseh Two Stroke-Update!!!!

I got the Frijole back from my brother today. He fabbed a beautiful engine mount for the Tecumseh two stroke...
The exhaust will be an issue,
at least until I can somehow re-route it. He also made a 90 degree intake for the carb!!
The jackshaft setup is next...
I'll keep y'all posted.

More Taco Stuff

Here's what I did this weekend...The jackshaft setup works perfectly-I fired it up and the thing took full throttle with no problems. I installed a band clutch brake with parts from my "inventory". The shroud and recoil were removed for the paint booth. And,finally,I put the intake "trumpet" upside down to get more air. The only thing left to design is the throttle linkage.

That is a really cool idea on how to use a two stroke on that bike Tim!! If your brother is making any more engine mounts, let me know. Owen
My 1000th post?

delray

from the looks of it. is that a fix carb and also that had a governor on it. if thats a fix carb, i would through it is far as you can. well not really,but maybe look for a good uses adjustable carb off a small block tecumseh 4cycle engine or new aftermarket replacement carb. and for the governor now missing. don't try reviing it to the moon without the drive train hookup. that will keep a load on the motor and hopefully it won't blowup....... i think with the right gearing and carb,exhaust,etc.... it should fly pretty good......:scooter:

When that clutch engages its going move like a bullet.
Apauld your enginuity with the clutch
You've got to post video of this cool machine :thumbsup:

Last edited: