Tips on starting

12:1 CR I would be trying 93 octane minimum. What's the timing set at?
Timing is 34° drained all the gas out. Put about half a tank turbo blue in it,and maybe seems to not kick back as much. Before it would kick back and blow bunch of smoke out the carb. But still a sob to spin it over. Pulling the sidecover now

River Rat Ron

What exactly is bullshit?
1. 1/4 “ nylon pull rope is rated @ 1486 lbs. per ft. yet you have snapped it 4+ times
In b4 bad rope….so you built an expensive hot rod motor and used a 20 yr old cord ?

2. The valves seats were leaky..How did you determine that? If you can diagnose that from listening to a motor
This problem should be a breeze.

3. More advance in timing 34 deg. creates higher cylinder pressures to begin with, this combined with 12:1 compression and you weren’t using high octane fuel already? Any mechanic knows this

4. No mention of a flywheel issue or that it’s been checked.

5. Been building motors for years, can’t fix the simplest motors on the planet

6. Once running you say it does fine. Low octane fuel, high compression and 34 deg total timing you should be able to hear that wrist pin ring for blocks.

7. Not one picture

17150E87-3B74-4077-A423-AD519B2C1A36.jpeg

Last edited:
Allright it's back together, pulled cover and cam came out with it. Came apart about 1/8 " then had to tap on it to come apart the rest of the way.Honestly didn't see anything wrong w spring or cr it's a dyno308. Put it back together and it's fixed. Idk if it was stuck or what but issue not happening now.

1. 1/4 “ nylon pull rope is rated @ 1486 lbs. per ft. yet you have snapped it 4+ times
In b4 bad rope….so you built an expensive hot rod motor and used a 20 yr old cord ?

2. The valves seats were leaky..How did you determine that? If you can diagnose that from listening to a motor

3. More advance in timing 34 deg. creates higher cylinder pressures to begin with, this combined with 12:1 compression and you weren’t using high octane fuel already? Any mechanic knows this

6. Once running you say it does fine. Low octane fuel, high compression and 34 deg total timing you should be able to hear that wrist pin ring for blocks.

View attachment 297682

The bottom end with rope was all new. Read above looking at head off with flashlight I noticed light passing through closed valves. The tank had 87 in it when I swapped the head motor seemed fine so I left it. Yes Rope broke few times and broke 2 new d handles off my kids trailmasters.Im in mo close to Mississippi River don't believe me send me your address I'll bring them and show ya.

7. Not one picture

View attachment 297682

Attachments

River Rat Ron

Just so happen to live in Missouri
Then broke rope 3 times. Finally swapped an end on the rope like a snowmobile and literally just broke it.
So now it’s the handles that broke…oh. Just going off what you said boss.
You want to come visit pm me we’ll make it happen