Tires balloon while going past 60?

I watched one of those videos where the guy did like 83, I was thinking yeah right but he had the GPS going the whole time. It was a MM-80 with those 10” AZUSA steel wheels and scooter tires. I don’t remember what sprockets he was running but it had a torque converter on it, he kept shredding belts. Some people really push their luck, I’m happy with my 30 Mph., of course 30 on a 4” tire bike feels like 60.
I had a 4" tire bike for awhile. I got it up to around 30mph once and that was enough. I strictly used it for just cruising around doing 20mph or so.

I also found that going to a 10" front wheel on my CT200U helped with stability quite a bit too.

Attachments

I'm using the juggernaut with a 7" driven 12t front sprocket 15" tires with 59 in the rear. What do you think I should do for more speed? I got stock spring (gray) in 3rd hole (stock location for a 7" driven)

Not sure if its the 7" driven or if its the gear ratio of 5.9
I'd drop it down to a 53t rear sprocket if you can. Mine is still a wheelie monster even with that small sprocket. When it comes to the 7" driven, I don't know how much of a difference that makes over the 6".

What kind of mods do you have done? Obviously if you can get a bit more rpm out of it you'll pick up some speed.

Latent

I'd drop it down to a 53t rear sprocket if you can. Mine is still a wheelie monster even with that small sprocket. When it comes to the 7" driven, I don't know how much of a difference that makes over the 6".

What kind of mods do you have done? Obviously if you can get a bit more rpm out of it you'll pick up some speed.
It's funny that you say that, because the only spare rear split sprocket I got is a 53t so I would be at 12t from tav jackshaft to 53 tooth rear sprocket would bring me to a 4.4 gear ratio from a 4.9 gear ratio. This would also decrease the rotating mass, because I would have cut back some links in the chain, and move to a smaller lighter sprocket.

I hit 51.5 mph off road riding (didn't really have long straights to truly test out max spe ed.

At the time of testing I had
I have a predator non hemi
27mm/25mm intake valves
22mm mikuni
upgraded spark coil
billet rod + .02"
billet flywheel
flat top piston
black mamba camshaft
aftermarket exhaust 1" to RLV muffler

I've hit 62 mph with this same set up with a centrifugal. Hopefully next test I can hit 60mph with the lower geared sprocket, and current juggernaut/7" driven setup with 4.4 gearing

Here it is swapped to the 12/53 - looks better with a smaller rear sprocket. OP these tires are also J rated for 62 mph they are aggressive off-road tires from sunf stock doodlebug sized.

98C87588-A27C-47D3-B390-589CFBAEE280.jpeg

Last edited:

SAS289

I'm using the juggernaut with a 7" driven 12t front sprocket 15" tires with 59 in the rear. What do you think I should do for more speed? I got stock spring (gray) in 3rd hole (stock location for a 7" driven)

Not sure if its the 7" driven or if its the gear ratio of 5.9
With a 7" driven, when/if the belt shifts on the Juggernaut you don't make it to 1/1. So your TAV is still in gear reduction. I wonder if the Juggernaut and 6" driven ever even gets to 1/1 or the belt shifts all the way when loads of power is being applied?

Latent

With a 7" driven, when/if the belt shifts on the Juggernaut you don't make it to 1/1. So your TAV is still in gear reduction. I wonder if the Juggernaut and 6" driven ever even gets to 1/1 or the belt shifts all the way when loads of power is being applied?
I believe the final ratio in the 7" driven is larger than the 6" driven. Still got some more testing to do to be certain, but eventually i'm hoping to get a 6" tav to be able to test this for sure.

Cuda54

Changing a sprocket is a big project? I changed the front and rear sprockets on my Harley and have done it on mini bikes too. New chain most need new chain anyway and rear sprocket and if you put a new tire on the rear wheel is off anyway. Do it right the first time.

I understand cops here aren’t bad as long as you respect them and know your place when I’m contact with one you’d be good. The cops in my neighborhood are amazing I know at least 10 that change shifts and sometimes pass by. They are really cool as long as I’m not doing wheelies on main roads or going over the speed limit on main roads their fine with it. There’s this bus lane right next to my house and I asked a cop once for permission and he said yeah feel free as long as I don’t cause trouble. Great guy one of my favorites and that’s where I do my speed runs plus I’m known for being one of the better people in my neighborhood I wave at everyone have friendly small talk everyone doesn’t seem to mind me, I’m usually riding with a cool helmet or a funny costume to get laughs and giggles here and there and everyone loves it! Sooner or later I’ll get a dirtbike but moneys tight right now. But I can assure you I’m bringing more positivity to the minibike community than negative.
Don't get a dirtbike, just get a dirtbike engine and throw it in your mini, I recommend either a Kawasaki KX500 or Honda CR500 2 stroke engine. You'll have all the speed and wheelies you'll ever need, I promise. Don't forget to video the results.

I74

Don't get a dirtbike, just get a dirtbike engine and throw it in your mini, I recommend either a Kawasaki KX500 or Honda CR500 2 stroke engine. You'll have all the speed and wheelies you'll ever need, I promise. Don't forget to video the results.
Boy,, that would be someth'n.