Tires for a sandy road ?

2old2care

OK - I've been riding my CT200U for a little while now, and I'm wondering if I might need some better tires.
As I said in previous thread, my daily ride is 1/4 mile out and back on a sandy road - The road is basically a couple inch deep layer of loose sand over a harder base. There are firm stretches, alternating with loose fine sand. I'm running 6lbs air in 1/2 - 3/4 worn original tires.

It's the loose sections that are giving me trouble, I hit them, and the bike starts squirming around under me - It's the only way I can describe it. It's not so bad that it actually slides out, but it feels like it wants to. I know I'm not a real skilled rider, but I wonder if I can compensate for it a bit with new tires.

I see that a lot of folks like the SUNF Power II's, and they really look they would have most excellent traction - Has anyone used them in loose dry stuff, like I describe? OR, is there something else to recommend? I will add, that the bike will NOT be riden on pavement, at all.

toomanytoys

I have zero sand to ride in. The power 2 have performed for me in everything to deep gravel, loose dirt, mud, hard pack , and pavement.

I think just about anything is going to perform better than the stock tires!