Tires & Wheels for a Burro Sand & Snow Bike

wsmm

I have an old Burro Sand and Snow Off Road bike that has a destroyed rear tire. On the bikes the wheel and tire were one unit. I had heard some time ago that a atv 6x6 company had a kit to replace wheels & tires on these bikes with some from a 6x6.

Does any body know of what I could use and where I could obtain it. It wuold also need the sprocket for the chain.
Thanks,
Bill

Do yourself a favor and get the measurments and call Ron Kimball and have him make you new hubs. And the switch to 4 lug wheels. My Terra cat originally had those and the previous owner swapped trhem and it makes it so much easier to buy and service tires now.

If you decide to keep it original and use 6x6 tires you may need to modify your hubs. On some brands of balloons (not all, some work) the offset is different. Pretty sure Firestones work and BF Goodrich High Flex are ok too. Firestones are a good choice if you can find them. It's a harder compound and a little more durable than the originals. The tires on leathernun's bike that is pictured are more durable and give the bike a much better ride and like he said easier to service and will be cheaper in the long run. Early Honda ATC90's had balloons and I was going thru 3 tires a year on my rider and ones that hold air are not cheap.

vintage minibike el burro sand and sno bike EL BURRO mini bike gear reduction | eBay

Last edited: