to much compression

Not sure what the prob is but i was out rideing my mini and came back parked it for a bit....when i got back on it.it was hard to turn over pull start was like there was drag on it....i got it started (6.5 china junk) runs fine but there is a slight whistle to it and its hard to start.....any ideas?i also have a tav 2 on it doubt that is the prob.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
A lot of times it's just vapor lock. Or the valve lash settings you may be running that makes it feel hard to start. It's not really to much compression. I have a full out race motor I use to pull start. It was harder to start, but the difference wasn't that much more than a stock motor. Even though it had 15.25:1 static compression in it.

too much compression

Nah my bike is a baja heat with the tav 2 consersion.....and smaller tires...but its a stock 6.5 jiadong crap....still runs fine but im affraid its gonna go to crap while im rideing it......it is just harder to pull then it was....of coarse the recoil fell off the sencond day i had it.thanks anyway

maby a problem with the pull starter? Although engines do get hotter just after you shut them down because theres no airflow and tighten up. my brothers old nova usto do that. had to wait a while till it cooled down.

too much compression

that could be i havent rode it since....not the pull start cause there isant one on it...i bought a new one and it messed that one up too so i just carry a rope in my pocket!!!!lol

too much compression

Nah the string doesnet break the first recoil fell off and the new one dident fit right and wouldent disengage so i said F it and use the string!

compression

sorry man long day....no the spring and everything inside the recoil was fine it was just to close to the motor and chewed it up pretty good......

compression

The only way to know for sure is to take the motor apart. If that is the case you have to polish the crank journal, and install a new rod.
No clue whats wrong if anything...it sounds different and pulls harder.....i beat the crap out of it the last 2 days and shes running strong.....i dunno what else to say.....thanks for your help.....nice minis you have also!