to much torque converter.

what do you guys think of this, ive seen people mount there torque converters at extreme angles due to clearance issues, etc. is it ok to run it at this angle, is it to much stress on the side cover?

engine is a briggs animal, on an el tigre.

joshua. c.

those back plates are pretty tough so it should work ok. if you are worried about the stress you could brace the end of the back plate to the top of the frame.

Other option is to drill holes in the backplate and put it where you want it. I almost did that so I could fit a TAV in my Trail Blazer frame.

CarPlayLB

I put a TAV2 on an Animal by raising the engine 1.5 inches and ground one of the ribs off the back of the TAV plate...tucks nicely under the cylinder with those mods...but it depends on how much room you have too!

I put a TAV2 on an Animal by raising the engine 1.5 inches and ground one of the ribs off the back of the TAV plate...tucks nicely under the cylinder with those mods...but it depends on how much room you have too!
i could try to do something like that.

the reason i have it like this, is because the rear pulley sticks out and hits the tab where the brake arm is. i also have to grind a section behind the plate, it hits part of the cylinder head a little bit.

ill try a few things, ive got a couple more weeks before michigan decides to stop snowing, lol.

pretty much the tab and a few inches of the brake arm itself, the pulley sticks out quite a bit, so im not sure if the backplate would be an issue, i can't get it close enough to the frame to see.

It looks like it would fit just above the brake arm with new holes drilled in the backplate...

I hate how they don't just drill the backplate all the way around. The pattern is there. Just follow it.