To paint or not?

Dabock

Recent barn find Coleman 2.40 Sport, starting to replace fenders (rusted) misc parts, wondering if re- paint would be good idea, or leaving as found, paint is in good condition, scratches etc. survivor type. But shiney new is tempting. Really thinking of value down the road. Any comments I would appreciate.

depends on what you do w/ it …. I like my stuff powder coated . if your just gonna beat it up, leave it alone..with that motor & all I would restore it... but hey that's me. :cool:

Like Eric said, original is best! Still try to clean up the frame and preserve as much of the paint as you can. If it turns out well, which it should… Look into buying another original gas tank. Not a hard part to fine and you may even find a better one. If it doesn’t clean up well, restore the whole thing. It’s yours and and enjoy it!

Thanks for the comments, I actually have not started any restoration yet, sitting in my basement. The tank is good inside, it was covered in chicken "stuff", I believe the reason for corrosion. Cleaned up pretty good. More familiar with cars and originality, I guess the same with minibikes, unless totally trashed. I will probably keep it original except for fenders and enjoy riding and showing it. I also have the 5.30 Sport model as well, that I redid. It was trashed. They make a nice pair. Thanks again for your comments. I do appreciate them.