Today's small project

The belt was slipping on the Tule Trooper and I tried tightening and which helped a little then I tried belt dressing and that helped a little,,, so I said F-it and fabed up a belt tensioner that mounts to the engine (to not destock the bike) It's spring loaded and I used parts from a tiller I got an engine from.

that helped allot. :D I still might need a new belt. Hahahaha

Did a real quicky kick stand while I was at it (using the stock KS hole) and fixed the gas cap leak by turning the gasket around..

GTO: Is that driven pulley just that a big pulley or is it a torque converter ?
All the pictures of that area have been straight on from the sides . I would love to see better pictures of that gear box also.
Steve

All the pictures of that area have been straight on from the sides . I would love to see better pictures of that gear box also.
Steve
I think my problem is it came with the wrong style clutch, I need one thats like a TAV but uses a skinnier belt, the pully just looks like a big pully ( stock) I could use more power off the line in high gear because it has a small sprocket and the clutch is like having an 18+ tooth instead of 12T

I'll figure the damn thing out and thats why nothing is being done permenant, I think they used the wrong clutch though. :thumbsup:

Next time I take the engine out I'll take a pic of the box, it's just a box with a lever on it and some name tags on top, it uses 50W oil.

Jleon

Steve

That looks exactly like my Deep-CO driven pulley! It takes a 5/8's top width symetric belt. I sure you need a 20 series 5/8's driver clutch.

CRAP Jleon! They make a clutch for that? I had to make my own. :doah: Well I figured I could space it back anyway. :thumbsup: >>>>>>>>

Well I scrapped the idea of using the blasted clutch it came with and the troopers didn't come with that type anyway. Sooooooooo today I installed an old Tav clutch I had laying around and I had to cut it to fit the smaller belt/ pulley the troopers used. I took about 1/4" off the inside shaft between the two sides and IT WORKED! now the clutch pinches the sides as the RPM's go up and gives me better take off speed in high gear since these clutched start at a smaller diamiter. Only problem is I noticed the bolt is bent, the clutch wabbles and I had no other with that length and thread in the garage.

The belt needs to be shorter now too and I was getting a jittering/jolting sensation right after take off until I got to 20MPH. I HOPE this is caused by the off balanced bolt and long belt but I will have to wait a few days to find out for sure. Man this thing is fun to drive! It handles GREAT and has lots of top end gear/speed

That thing is cool! Does the frame seem flimsy when you drive it? I'd put sheet metal around the engine part of the frame to make it look like an old time scooter :thumbsup: lol

That thing is cool! Does the frame seem flimsy when you drive it? I'd put sheet metal around the engine part of the frame to make it look like an old time scooter :thumbsup: lol
Not flimsy at all,,, strong like bull and almost feels like a street bike. I want to keep the stock look since they are unique as is. (but that would be cool)