Tom thumb trike mock up

Well I am still at it with this little monster. She went to the welder and it is coming along. The rear axle hangers are in, the motor is mounted using 1/4in plate, slotted and welded along the frame rail to distribute the weight and torque along the length of the frame. The wheelie bar brackets are done--I am using rod instead of tube with clevis pins on the end and a center bar up to a spring from a small bike. The curved mount is on for the Olson and Rice gas tank. I am using a Go-Ped disc brake set up as I can fab a bracket to mount it easier than using the pocket bike unit that I also considered. The engine fits like a glove and is all the way to the back so my chain length will be real short(thank you for the heads up Jimmy). I still have to get the brake mounted, install foot pegs somewhere, mount the controls, clutch and chain.I have to admit this has been fun trying to plan and fab it but the costs have been large.I will have to see if I can afford to finish her as the clutch is going to cost alot of $. I can get her running and paint her but will have to see about the rest.I changed the rear tires to 5in rims--6in wide Bridhgestones. She is quite the beast--thanks guys!

Hi guys. Tomarrow is May and here is an update on my project.She is pretty much done except for clutch, chain, and controls. Real pleased with how it turned out so far--should be a good ride--cheers.:smile: