Tom thumb trike mock up

Well I am getting there slowly. Got the clutch mounted to the West Bend after visiting a machine shop and today I got color on her. She is metallic green--Duplicolor Metalcast and it is nice to work with. Used silver metallic base then the green top coat. Can re-coat after 10-15 min and add color within an hour.Rattle canned 2 coats silver and three green--lights don't due it any favors but it came out nice. Had small run--waited 10 minutes, wet sanded out with 320, re-shot silver, waited 10 min then shot green over it--works great.Only thing is I used 11/2 cans of green at $11 a can to get it to cover the silver. All kinds of warnings on can about toluene and other good stuff but I smoke so how bad can the paint be?Now I wait 5 days and clear her out. Meanwhile, polish the engine, re-do the seat in white and put her together--not much time left--oh well! How do you like my shop?

Time is running out so I started to put her together today. Engine parts still at the polisher and seat has yet to be done but I am getting there!

::smile::smile::smile:

The Tom Thumb Trike is back together! A few small items to button up but she is done finally. Rained all day so couldn't get any outside pics--maybe Thurs.Now off to Windber--one more bike to finish then load the trailer and car--can't wait.:thumbsup: