TOM THUMB "Twin Sister"/Scratch Class

I bought the same tube notcher after trying a drill press. It works fairly well. You will probably have to shim the part that holds the tube. I had to add a flat washer to each bolt.

Spin the drill sloooow and use lots of cutting oil!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I bought the same tube notcher after trying a drill press. It works fairly well. You will probably have to shim the part that holds the tube. I had to add a flat washer to each bolt.

Spin the drill soooo and use lots of cutting oil!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Thank you for the HUGE tip. I tried to cut a piece of pipe and it was way off. I had to add 2 washers to each bolt. 100% better. Now I am all lined up and ready to go:thumbsup: I need to get a new 7/8 bit as I chewed it up pretty good on the last bike. I didn't use cutting oil:laugh: I borrowed the other pipe notcher from my friend, so it was all lined up.:thumbsup: Those Chinese guys haven't figured out everything yet:laugh::laugh:

wish I had a extra mac for ya Karen.
Ive been sending her ebay links to WB's and Clintons. :biggrin: I'd rather see her spend her money on my dream bikes!

Nice seat and frame work already going on! :thumbsup: Hey, if it gets one of the vintage hotrod two smokers, it won't be a twin sister, it'll be a big sister.

Worked on the forks today for "Twin sister". I got everything all lined up, leveled and square...I raised the triples tees a 1/4 inch higher than the other bike to give some room for the neck bolt. I hope that works out ok as far as being level.:laugh: Tack welded the tees. My Harbor freight welder flipped out on me today.:laugh: The wire broke and spun all over the place:eek: Sounds like 10 minutes of work, but took me half a day. I'm slow:wink:

Nice work on the forks Karen! Your welds are way nicer than mine would have turned out. I really need to buy a good welder and learn how to use it.