Too Hot Outside.......

jeep4me

It's been too hot outside for me to work for more then an hour or so. So I decided to finish some work inside that I have been putting off.

I got this 5hp Briggs from 125ccCrazy earlier this year and never really decided what I wanted to do with it. I knew I wanted to put it on a bike, just never knew which one. I have to admit, I did try to sell it at the show in Ann Arbor this spring and now I'm glad I didn't.

A couple weeks ago, I picked up a nice Bonanza and have decided that's the bike I'm going to use this on. Randi says this engine should turn around 6000 rpm's. I'm hoping so.:scooter:

I did make a few mod to the motor since I got it. I added the 3 stage pipe and the 26mm Mikuni clone carb. I painted the tins and put everything back together.

Hoping to get it going in the next couple weeks.

It looks good, do a start up video lets hear it! and we need a fly by video when its on the bike! 6000 rpms? That should be insane.:eek:ut::wink:

matt2

What model Bonanza ? I have a bc1200 front foot peg with B&S Raptor 5hp I love it. Let us see a picture of your mini. That motor should make any bike look good.:thumbsup:

jeep4me

What model Bonanza ? I have a bc1200 front foot peg with B&S Raptor 5hp I love it. Let us see a picture of your mini. That motor should make any bike look good.:thumbsup:
Here's the Bonanza I'm going to put the Briggs on. Should look really nice on it.

It's been too hot outside for me to work for more then an hour or so. So I decided to finish some work inside that I have been putting off.

I got this 5hp Briggs from 125ccCrazy earlier this year and never really decided what I wanted to do with it. I knew I wanted to put it on a bike, just never knew which one. I have to admit, I did try to sell it at the show in Ann Arbor this spring and now I'm glad I didn't.

A couple weeks ago, I picked up a nice Bonanza and have decided that's the bike I'm going to use this on. Randi says this engine should turn around 6000 rpm's. I'm hoping so.:scooter:

I did make a few mod to the motor since I got it. I added the 3 stage pipe and the 26mm Mikuni clone carb. I painted the tins and put everything back together.

Hoping to get it going in the next couple weeks.

Looks very tasty :drinkup:

matt2

Here's the Bonanza I'm going to put the Briggs on. Should look really nice on it.

Thats a cool bike, I dig the handlebars!!! I think thats about the only differance from my bike my handlebars are not removable. I have riden mine a couple times and love the way it rides and the power. I need to fab somemore stuff then take apart for paint, or powder coat if I can afford it. Have fun with it.

Where did u get the carb and pipe? I have basically thesame motor but need the carb mount, carb, and pipe.. Also what are you goung to use for your throttle hookup... The one on my beat up trail king is wayyyyyy horrid..and i need a bit o help...

Too hot outside here again today. I,m in the garage with the A/C on working on the bikes that are going to Portland.
I hope your working in the AC today, Nice job on the Briggs,:thumbsup:

jeep4me

Where did u get the carb and pipe? I have basically thesame motor but need the carb mount, carb, and pipe.. Also what are you goung to use for your throttle hookup... The one on my beat up trail king is wayyyyyy horrid..and i need a bit o help...
I picked up the carb/intake/air filter assembly at the Ann Arbor show this spring. A friend of mine gave me the exhaust pipe. The throttle hookup is actually easy on these carbs, just slip off the top of the carb hook the ball end of the cable into the slide and that's it. I've been buying the Raptor style throttle hookups for my 5hp Briggs engines...super easy and they look/operate great.

Stock Throttle Kit (600781), www.bmikarts.com : BMI Karts & Supplies : Go Karts Parts : Racing Go Kart Parts : GoKarts : Versailles, Ohio : USA : Indoor Track : Tips

Hey Jeep,,
Like the bonanza,, how many teeth are on those two sprockets, on tba secondary shaft, how many on the rear tire???
About how fast??
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.
Dave Dickson