Torq-A-Verter VS Clutch video

I did this last year to show the advantage of a TAV for people that have never seen it.

I was also about 50 lbs bigger in this video but have since lost weight as a result of the atkins diet, that story some other time.

I'm about the same size. My smart aszed sister in law laughed at me riding her kids' minibike, said I looked like Bongo, the trained circus bear. :crying: I'm sticking to the bigger, old trail bikes.
Your video does well to illustrate the advantage of a torq-a-verter.

Does anyone have a video showing exactly what needs to be done for these to be put on mini bikes? I know you have to grind something, but I just like to know exactly what when i go to buy me a TAV, in the next month or two.

george3

tav against clutch. What do you expect with a 300LB. butt, no more ice cream and cake for you. depends on the rideing. once the clutch hooks up they are the same. after you are going the clutch stayes locked up, and they are equal. tav more moving parts to wear out. the tav on short runs or hill climbing has the advantage. 20+ the clutch has the advantage, theres drag with a belt not so much with a direct chain.

george3

Does anyone have a video showing exactly what needs to be done for these to be put on mini bikes? I know you have to grind something, but I just like to know exactly what when i go to buy me a TAV, in the next month or two.
I think you should have somebody else put the tav on your bike. If you need a video you cant do it.

I think that this video is a good example of what a TAV can do on a small 3hp engine with a big guy riding it, sure my 6.5hp clone and clutch only will walk all over my TAV bike but again these 2 bikes have the same engines.

LILSTONE87 , when you buy a TAV you will see how they mount and that depending on what you bolt it to grinding is not needed.

I can take pics and email them to you if you need to see more.

Great video. I put a Tav on my powell with a 5hp Subaru engin. It is very smooth on the take off and allows the bike to get my 250lbs moving.

Thanks for the great video

btr :smile::smile: