Torque converter help. Magnum 44c driver with 30 series kit?

Trying to find a belt for my setup. Installed the magnum 44 series driver on my tav 30 series converter setup.

The p203785 is what cane on the magnum kits and is way to long. Looks like 785mm maybe?

The belt on the 30 series was a 669mm maybe? Hard to tell.

Any ideas?

Attachments

did you just use the 44 driver but kept the 30 series driven clutch? if thats what you did they are different as the 44 is tapered on both sides of the belt and the 30 series driven is only tapered on one side. not to mention they are different widths.

They didnt have it till march or i would have. I didnt have enough space on the bike to run the larger back plate and driver. And ive seen others use the larger driver on the tav china setup. Its 2 pulleys and a belt. may not be ideal was hoping it could work better than the slippy 30 series.

delray

well it looks like you have no choice until march now. that 44 would be to much for that little motor if you could get it to run. it would be to much weight getting thrown around on that crankshaft without a third support and it's not a machine balance piece. just big stamp piece of steel parts...not good. I believe I told you this coupe weeks ago or so. but you still had to try it. your going to start burning a lot money quick.

You did, I'm just tinkering. Wasn't too worried about the money. But I do appreciate the heads up.

I assumed since this was a 3/4 shaft driver and not the 1" that it was made for these motors.

I used my 30 series belt and it sure grabbed it hard initially since it was taking up the slack. Felt good! lol. But it didn't hold the belt tension properly at RPM. I'm sure I can sell it Was just playing around trying to mix and match parts.

What I don't get it what they did to the Juggernaut unit to get it to hold? Its still only a "1 sided" belt and still uses the same driven pulley. So what makes it hold so much better?

Cleaning the sheaves well with thinner helps for the first run or 2 but it's crap after that. I tried spraying 3m adhesive to the unit and this seemed to help for about 1 run. but then it just makes a black mess that I needed to clean off again with thinner. Are they just using heavier weights to put more comprehensive load on the belt you think?

Also thought if I could get a dual sided belt on my tav 30 it might work alot better. I have another TAV 30 kit sitting here and the sheaves appear to be pop riveted together in 3 spots. Seems easy enough to get a beveled edge on both sides? IDK. just brain storming. Not alot of DIY junkyard style modification on these converters. seems like people run them or spend a grand on the Polar stuff. I'm not doing that!

Also noticed even with my 30 series i'm only seeing 5600-5700ish rpm. Yet with the clutch I'd see 7500+ (if I let it) If it were slipping wouldn't the rpm rise alot? Seems like there are other factors limiting RPM with the TAV30 stuff.

Appreciate the help.